I Guess We Made The Cut? “Critical Infrastructure”

Overpaid Union Thug

At least you aren't one of those damn filthy Millennials
They sure are tech savvy. But other than that.....

upload_2020-3-21_15-18-18.jpeg

Johney

Each employee decides based on what is more important to them. Work, or their families lives.
Family before packages.
Your families health before company profit.
I'm just saying anyone who doesn't want to risk their families health should not be forced to.
Stay home for a couple of weeks like everyone else. The packages will get delivered eventually.
Each employee decides, now that's funny! I can tell you right now that 3/4's of our workforce would say I'm staying home so how's that gonna work out? Not so good. Is not going to happen at least here where I am.

Johney

Pretty sure a millennial created this virus. Wanted their inheritance early along with cheaper housing killing off the elderly. YouTube money was starting to dry up.
I'd believe Bezo's started it long before a millennial. Get people locked down so all they can do is order online, force all other business to lose money and close up cause no one shows up to shop. Then jack up prices. World domination.

over9five

Staff member
Each employee decides, now that's funny! I can tell you right now that 3/4's of our workforce would say I'm staying home so how's that gonna work out? Not so good. Is not going to happen at least here where I am.
Who cares how it works out for UPS? I'm talking about putting your family first in a pandemic.

over9five

Staff member
And when they tell you show up for work or you're fired? Trust me I get what you're saying it just is not going to happen.
Oh hell, I know that. Profits always come before people.
I'm just saying it should be optional during a pandemic. Don't believe UPS when they tell you we're out there because the friggin government wants us to be. We're out there to make the company money. The company has chosen to put us and our families in harms way when other companies are taking a few weeks off to protect their employees.
I keep getting emails from my elected leaders telling me to "stay home". I just think we should have that option...

Johney

Oh hell, I know that. Profits always come before people.
I'm just saying it should be optional during a pandemic. Don't believe UPS when they tell you we're out there because the friggin government wants us to be. We're out there to make the company money. The company has chosen to put us and our families in harms way when other companies are taking a few weeks off to protect their employees.
I keep getting emails from my elected leaders telling me to "stay home". I just think we should have that option...
It should be for sure, but determining who gets off and who has to work would be a nightmare. I see the only companies giving their employees time off is nonessential mall employees that's it around here. The sad thing is I think that we as a company will be major spreaders of this when and if it really gets out of control if a big if it does.