i had a good laugh

705red

Browncafe Steward
During testimony yesterday at panel, the company admitted that the manager/sup in question is contacted with in 48 hours before the employee is even meet with! This is not an open door policy! The employee calling in should have the right to give their side of the story. But in this case the investigator already had her mind made up after talking with the manager! Call it if you would like, but i would recommend going through the grievance procedure first this way you have a documented compliant.

And yes this employee lost his job, because of his overall work record. His pitts form had a long history. However only a few were discussed with the grievant and a steward. I suggest that everyone goes in and asks to look at your personal record. I also recommend that a steward signs every documented talk with!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In theory it is a wonderful policy, and at one time I believe it worked. But UPS is not the same UPS. And managers and supes have no ability to actually use the skills they were supposedly hired for. So therefore, the policy cannot work, and as employees we have to always look out for our own interest. And that includes always feeling we are NEXT. Because we are. And paranoia never hurt anyone. Trusting mannerisms will.