I have a question for everyone.

Nah
Are you sure he was trained? How about specific training for it on the Six? I bet I could survey drivers In my building and at least a quarter of them would not know what we are talking about with “duplicate stop” discussion.
Yep. Never mentioned at Integrad or when my ORS was with me. Only time the word "duplicate" ever came up was regarding multiple packages with the same tracking number.

That's what makes me laugh about this whole situation. Everybody here saying "such and such is how you really do it"... But what if he never got that training? At least a few people in these threads never did, and I never did.

Clearly whatever method this is is not being universally adhered to.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep. Never mentioned at Integrad or when my ORS was with me. Only time the word "duplicate" ever came up was regarding multiple packages with the same tracking number.

That's what makes me laugh about this whole situation. Everybody here saying "such and such is how you really do it"... But what if he never got that training? At least a few people in these threads never did, and I never did.

Clearly whatever method this is is not being universally adhered to.
Counting the extra stops helps the center's numbers and probably nobody above them is watching very closely.

Thebrownblob

Counting the extra stops helps the center's numbers and probably nobody above them is watching very closely.
Yep, same with ghost pick ups. One time they made the mistake of sending me a bunch asked me to close them out because they were “dead” pick ups. I said hell no I’m not anywhere near those places.

Thebrownblob

Then there’s also the one where they call you and ask you to sheet a package as closed before 5 o’clock, if it’s Miss loaded on your car, and you are unable to get to it as a business. My answer is always the same absolutely not that will be missed not closed. How do I know if someone is not waiting after hours for the package and I am miles away.

Nah
Yep, same with ghost pick ups. One time they made the mistake of sending me a bunch asked me to close them out because they were “dead” pick ups. I said hell no I’m not anywhere near those places.
I've had that too. Except they didn't tell me to do it far away. Just get close enough that the board doesn't scream at you. ORS showed me the spot where you could do like 5 at once.

Nah
Then there’s also the one where they call you and ask you to shoot a package has closed before 5 o’clock, if it’s Miss loaded on your car, and you are unable to get to it as a business. My answer is always the same absolutely not that will be missed that closed. How do I know if someone is not waiting after hours for the package and I am miles away.
We had DIAD training that said to sheet damaged packages as missed with a DMG remark. Guy did what the training said. ORS went ballistic and said never to do that, and sheet it NI or CL instead.

And that's just one reason I'll consider any tale told here on BC to be credible, no matter how outlandish it may seem, because UPS most certainly is not.

nWo

Maybe OP hasn't responded because he's a boomer and forgot his password.

I find it highly unlikely he didn't get his job back unless there's more to the story.

Nah
Damn, that’s some next level. Shady :censored2: they ask you to do.
That's why I resent all the "there must be more to the story" comments. After what I've seen I'll believe it all at face value.

I may have the sense to know that's wrong, but a driver who has never been on this site, or butted heads with the union or company and called them out for their cöcksuckery, doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Thebrownblob

That's why I resent all the "there must be more to the story" comments. After what I've seen I'll believe it all at face value.

I may have the sense to know that's wrong, but a driver who has never been on this site, or butted heads with the union or company and called them out for their cöcksuckery, doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.
I think what most people mean by more to the story is, if you’ve been involved in any type of discipline at UPS, it would be near impossible for them to fire you, if you’ve never been talk to you about a situation. Generally speaking the panel looks down if discipline is not progressive, and sometimes extremely progressive. Obviously, every case is different and everybody’s representation is different.

AKCoverMan

Then there’s also the one where they call you and ask you to sheet a package as closed before 5 o’clock, if it’s Miss loaded on your car, and you are unable to get to it as a business. My answer is always the same absolutely not that will be missed not closed. How do I know if someone is not waiting after hours for the package and I am miles away.
“I CANNOT SHEET PACKAGE CLOSED DISHONESTLY”

Generally this ends the conversation.

AKCoverMan

We had DIAD training that said to sheet damaged packages as missed with a DMG remark. Guy did what the training said. ORS went ballistic and said never to do that, and sheet it NI or CL instead.

And that's just one reason I'll consider any tale told here on BC to be credible, no matter how outlandish it may seem, because UPS most certainly is not.
Now we have a choice that makes sense.. there is a Non Delivery/Damaged key. I use that.

AKCoverMan

Maybe OP hasn't responded because he's a boomer and forgot his password.

I find it highly unlikely he didn't get his job back unless there's more to the story.
My wild ass guess is he got job back probably right before panel…he was probably told to “lay low and stay off the radar” and is taking that advice to heart.

oldngray

nowhere special
Now we have a choice that makes sense.. there is a Non Delivery/Damaged key. I use that.
They used to have that but we weren't allowed to use it. We had to sheet as missed and let a clerk process it as damaged. Something about shipper getting charged twice if we did.

AKCoverMan

They used to have that but we weren't allowed to use it. We had to sheet as missed and let a clerk process it as damaged. Something about shipper getting charged twice if we did.
Well since it came back I’ve used it anytime customer refused package or it was busted up enough that I wasn’t even gonna make attempt.

i wonder now if that choice comes up on call tags..sometimes your sent to pick up one and it’s not transportable..could I sheet tag as refused damaged? I’ll have to try next time that happens.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Funny that none of the 3 management people that lurk here haven't responded lately. They never comment on their dishonesty. Sad life to live. We can all do our jobs by the book but they have to lie, cheat and steal to be employed.