I have a question for everyone.

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
When you go to your first stop, and you have 2 pkgs (it's a business). You only find one, so you sheet up the other one as not found. Then go about your business. About 3 hours later you find the one you were missing. At this point you are about (just an example) 3 miles away. So, when you think it's time to go back and deliver the one you found before 5pm. Do you sheet it up as an extra stop or do you sheet it up as duplicate because you were already there in the morning?
In our Center, we don't sheet packages as 'not found', if we find it we deliver it or sheet it as closed/missed depending on the circumstances. We don't 'duplicate stops' if we have to go back to the same stop again either.

For example: I have 15 packages being delivered to 1543 ABC Street, but I only found 13 so I deliver those and move on, I don't sheet the other two as anything, I just leave them alone in the DIAD.

If I find them, I deliver them, if the business is closed, I sheet it as closed, if they are not in my package car, either because they are a misload or for any other reason, our center doesn't have us sheet them as anything, but rather leave the pending delivery in the DIAD and just write downthe address on a paper sheet specifically for pending deliveries at the end of the day.

This is what we do here, but every center is different.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
It’s about time they start going after these chumps that turn 6 hour routes into 10 hours. They thought they’d be able to claim “but I was following the methods”. Jigs up
Why does that bother you? It doesn’t bother me when you require knee surgery for running 300 stops a day.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Let’s be intellectually honest here. Buddy didn’t get fired for having a few duplicate stops in his board. He got fired for taking a long steamy on company time. “Padding stops” is just their excuse.

Now you can argue about what the contract says, what OSHA says, what the methods are. You can argue about all that until you’re blue in the face. Was all this hassle really worth the extra $10 or $20? Is this hill worth dying on? I don’t think so. I wouldn’t.

Do the right thing and go on break if you’re dropping a deuce. Think about how the guys who are in progression would look at you. The union has finite resources to advocate for its members. There’s guys who are having their jobs threatened bc they are slow learners or made honest mistakes due to inexperience. Meanwhile here’s a 20 year driver who wanted to milk the clock. How shameful.
He wanted to milk the clock because he had to use the bathroom? He's a human being and had to take a :censored2:. A few times a year I take a dump on the clock. Never clock out for it.

Know your rights. We don't live in a corporate-controlled dystopian nightmare just yet.

Brownwind

Why does that bother you? It doesn’t bother me when you require knee surgery for running 300 stops a day.
Most likely the guys complaining are younger and don’t have a bid route, don’t follow the methods or even care about the customer.
It’s true about the way we go about our business. Now’s the time to get our acts together. I noticed the attention being given to more than a few on my belt.

Trucker Clock

You left then go back? It’s stopping the truck another time. 2 stops.

Not according to Corporate and driver training. Some Centers instruct to do it differently, but be careful because they will throw you under the bus if Corporate comes calling.

Don't believe me? Ask the OP.

Last edited:

BrownStains

Duplicate is if there’s 2 packages with the same label and tracking number. the board will only show one but there is 2 packages. If the board says 2 and you only found one then it’s not found. If you find it later then you have to go back and scan it in and deliver it.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I agree. I feel like they have proof that he was trained on how to treat a duplicate stop and that he was purposely padding his stops, for one reason or another.
What does padding stops have to do with what you get paid unless you are in a bone us center. I never worry about crap like this. I could hit duplicate on every stop and it all pays the same. Sickening to see drivers still chasing the fake numbers.

Trucker Clock

What does padding stops have to do with what you get paid unless you are in a bone us center. I never worry about crap like this. I could hit duplicate on every stop and it all pays the same. Sickening to see drivers still chasing the fake numbers.

I don't worry about numbers either. I was the least best for years, as numbers go. I'm still here. But, I never worried that if they were watching me, they would find extra time here, extra uncoded breaks there. I might have been slow, but I did it by the book.

Others may not be doing it by the book.

Scenario 1. You pad stops to make your planned day longer. You take extra time at stops, or extra uncoded breaks throughout the day. Since your overallowed now is not too bad, you stay off the radar and the Company has no reason to dig into your day or start following you to watch your methods. You now basically get an extra half hours pay per day.

Scenario 2. You take extra time at stops, talking to friends or talking on the cell phone. You are on the radar for being overallowed. The Company is now looking into your production. You start padding stops to lower your overallowed to keep the Company off your back. You still get that extra half hours pay per day and the Company thinks your production is better now so they leave you alone.

Scenario 3. You care too much about their numbers, but maybe for a reason. You have 50 business stops. You like to talk. Nothing to do with customer service. You talk a minute here to a customer, two, three minutes there. You now just spent over an hour talking to people. Your overallowed is now through the roof, so you start padding stops to make it look better instead of limiting talk time to customers.

Scenario 4. etc. etc.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
So what about late air?

Deliver a ground package to 123 East St, then get your air 2 hours later and have an air package.
Duplicate stop or two stops?

Trucker Clock

So what about late air?

Deliver a ground package to 123 East St, then get your air 2 hours later and have an air package.
Duplicate stop or two stops?

I would sheet it as a duplicate stop since I was already there once today and not worry in the slightest that I will not get time credit for another stop.

I personally don’t worry about over/under and could care less how much overallowed I am.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
When you go to your first stop, and you have 2 pkgs (it's a business). You only find one, so you sheet up the other one as not found. Then go about your business. About 3 hours later you find the one you were missing. At this point you are about (just an example) 3 miles away. So, when you think it's time to go back and deliver the one you found before 5pm. Do you sheet it up as an extra stop or do you sheet it up as duplicate because you were already there in the morning?
This question is NOT for everyone.

ToteHoarder

I have a genuine question. Say I’m hungry or low on energy or thirsty so I take a few seconds to put some snack in my mouth and drink some water during a stop so I’m more productive throughout the day. Is that stealing time? Can I only do that on coded breaks?

Thebrownblob

I have a genuine question. Say I’m hungry or low on energy or thirsty so I take a few seconds to put some snack in my mouth and drink some water during a stop so I’m more productive throughout the day. Is that stealing time? Can I only do that on coded breaks?
Nothing wrong with that.

Thebrownblob

in the contract is say you can't get fired by technology, I guess that's not true because.
I did!!
It doesn’t actually say exactly that, it says you can’t be fired based “solely” on that. they can use it to investigate you to follow you and to ask you questions. If it turns out then that they can prove you were dishonest, is a different story.
1677038391048.png

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
failure to account for human behaviour and subjective reasoning in a recording device is failure on behalf of the company. It has nothing to do with dishonesty. shame that so many of you would disagree. And would post here a hundred times if needed. We are not robots, we don't have some perfect memory bank in our heads that we rely on while recording stops.

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

Are bonus centers different companies than UPS? Because here if you find a package later on you just go back to the stop and deliver it. There’s no call 20 people ask 20 questions sheet as missed sheet as duplicate. This is why you dopes get fired. You over complicate every part of this job lol
Bonus centers are rotten with scum drivers who work for free and get mad when they are asked to 05. Bonus centers should be eradicated.