I hope this is not another whinebag question, but I really need help

Hank13

You better believe after all that rigumerall my behind is driving to its location as early as I can and getting hands on it. Im not waiting for it to be delivered. Of course doing this in the most polite and non demanding annoying way.
Not that I care and I m not filing to get my $70 back, but with relaxed commit times, a NDA sent the 20th will be considered on time if delivered by noon on the 24th?

menotyou

bella amicizia
You better believe after all that rigumerall my behind is driving to its location as early as I can and getting hands on it. Im not waiting for it to be delivered. Of course doing this in the most polite and non demanding annoying way.
Not that I care and I m not filing to get my $70 back, but with relaxed commit times, a NDA sent the 20th will be considered on time if delivered by noon on the 24th?
Yes, depending on the fact that your area is a 10:30 commit. The center team would love to have you pick up the package. One less NDA for them to deliver. Bonus for everyone. I do hope you get your package and make your meeting. Best of luck and Merry Christmas.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Upstate may often be the common thread as you say but he plays by the rules.
It is the other posters that reply to his often snarky remarks in a way that violate the rules of the TOS.
Upstate is moderated often but he does not think he is above the rules and accepts the moderation of his posts like an adult.
Sometimes, he even apologizes which is certainly not the case with members whose posts get moderated repeatedly.
I don't think he has ever had posted on the public forum any comments about his posts getting moderated ... I guess it is that "adult" thing kicking in again.

PS - We all wish Upstate was nicer in his posts but as long as he stays within the rules, he is free to express his persona as he wishes.
I, respectfully, disagree Hoax. In the not so distant past, he didn't at all. I didn't complain. But, I certainly noticed. I noticed no moderator stopped him. That's what I noticed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I, respectfully, disagree Hoax. In the not so distant past, he didn't at all. I didn't complain. But, I certainly noticed. I noticed no moderator stopped him. That's what I noticed.

Your assumption is that a Mod noticed and that is probably a bad assumption.
I have estimated that I read less than 2% of the posts on here and I imagine the other Mods are in the same range and some less.
There is a solid triangle at the left bottom of every post for members to report a post.
Those go to a special forum in the Mod Lounge.
I read everyone of those and moderate the reported post if appropriate.
Upstate does get some of his posts reported and they are usually moderated.

I will note that when I see the tit-for-tat posts back and forth between Upstate and others, it appears the other poster initiated the acrimonious exchanges.

over9five

Staff member
I have estimated that I read less than 2% of the posts on here and I imagine the other Mods are in the same range and some less.
There is a solid triangle at the left bottom of every post for members to report a post.

I will note that when I see the tit-for-tat posts back and forth between Upstate and others, it appears the other poster initiated the acrimonious exchanges.

I agree with the part of the Mods not reading every post. Take this whole thread as an example. I never even opened it till it got reported.

As for Hoaxs last sentence, I believe we should consider the difference between "initiated" and "instigated".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I agree with the part of the Mods not reading every post. Take this whole thread as an example. I never even opened it till it got reported.

As for Hoaxs last sentence, I believe we should consider the difference between "initiated" and "instigated".

As long as the member reporting the post includes the posts and their thought process that supports the "instigated" aspect of the tit-for-tat that appears to be the main grievance ... then yes it should.

My life does not revolve around the hallway sex between the various members on the site ... the griever needs to spell it out in their reporting of a post.

over9five

Staff member
As long as the member reporting the post includes the posts and their thought process that supports the "instigated" aspect of the tit-for-tat that appears to be the main grievance ... then yes it should.

My life does not revolve around the hallway sex between the various members on the site ... the griever needs to spell it out in their reporting of a post.

Yup. I'm just saying you can instigate an acrimonious exchange without initiating the acrimonious behavior. We have poster(s) who do exactly that.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I guess it depends on who you are.
I reported a series of posts last week (not UpState) and was very specific as to what I had a problem with and got no response.
I'm not saying that my greivance needed to be validated, rather that it would seem reasonable to receive a reply that the message was indeed reviewed and a decision made accordingly.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I reported a series of posts last week (not UpState) and was very specific as to what I had a problem with and got no response.
I'm not saying that my greivance needed to be validated, rather that it would seem reasonable to receive a reply that the message was indeed reviewed and a decision made accordingly.
"Fixed it for ya" or the acronym fixed it for you is a term often used in message boards when quoting another posters words and slightly changing them. It's been posted here many many times.

The posts you reported include "fixed it for ya" with the quotes so it is clear that they are not your words.

Even though "fixed it for ya" is common practice on most forums the poster you reported was contacted by a mod when you reported the posts so that he was made aware of your concerns.

Perhaps you should add the fixed it for you notification to your avatar.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I PMed that user and asked them not change someone else's post as part of their "Reply to All" unless they made it obvious as to what they changed. I did this even though it appeared he had.
I checked back the next day and that person had not changed any more posts although you had and continued until you understood you could not provoke him anymore.
He gained my respect as being the better man.
I did not respond to you as I thought your original report was disingenuous and primarily because I considered you a drama queen.
I did however perform my responsibility even though the request was from you.

Last edited: