I just realized something about packages delivery service in FL

anonymous23456

That whole generation of Boomers retiring in FL don't even know how to use smart phone, internet, or anything called "high tech". Does UPS deliver any package down there in general? How's about "The Village" area? They probably do not order online much.

Every time I visit FL, I really hate stopping by seeing a distant relative (retiree). This person would use me like a tech service to fix "TV, phone, or anything that requires to read a manual".

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That whole generation of Boomers retiring in FL don't even know how to use smart phone, internet, or anything called "high tech". Does UPS deliver any package down there in general? How's about "The Village" area? They probably do not order online much.

Every time I visit FL, I really hate stopping by seeing a distant relative (retiree). This person would use me like a tech service to fix "TV, phone, or anything that requires to read a manual".
Yes UPS stopped servicing Florida in 2008 when iPhone 3 came out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Hate to break it to you but, you too will require the services of a younger person one day. Hopefully the ones you need will be more respectful of older people.

anonymous23456

Hate to break it to you but, you too will require the services of a younger person one day. Hopefully the ones you need will be more respectful of older people.
Don't get me wrong. I do help. To my surprise, he said "I have this landline phone made by Panasonic. I don't know how to record voice mail greeting".

I almost collapse in convulsion. What? Landline? OK, where is the manual.
He said: "it is somewhere, let me go and find it". He never did.

I whipped out my Android phone googling for Panasonic portable phone manual online. I read the manual and helped him with it. Now don't ask me the rest of the 25 buttons on it.

Do you remember this one?

Panasonic-3-Handset-Expandable-Cordless-Phone-System-with-Answering-System-KX-TG3833M_7f7fe635-5c38-4589-a546-56d0a63450fd.4365c2201273f7a14502d9b682096a07.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Don't get me wrong. I do help. To my surprise, he said "I have this landline phone made by Panasonic. I don't know how to record voice mail greeting".

I almost collapse in convulsion. What? Landline? OK, where is the manual.
He said: "it is somewhere, let me go and find it". He never did.

I whipped out my Android phone googling for Panasonic portable phone manual online. I read the manual and helped him with it. Now don't ask me the rest of the 25 buttons on it.

Do you remember this one?

Panasonic-3-Handset-Expandable-Cordless-Phone-System-with-Answering-System-KX-TG3833M_7f7fe635-5c38-4589-a546-56d0a63450fd.4365c2201273f7a14502d9b682096a07.jpeg
Good for you. Good deeds are always welcomed and hopefully, appreciated.

Commercial Inside Release

The silent generation (before boomers,) are famous for insisting to use mobile phone only while they are home... As if it was some how tethered to the wall, like a landline. You tell them, "take the phone with you..." They never do. They always insist you call them when you get home... A throwback to landlines.
You tell them, "it's a mobile, I'll call if there's a problem, it's always with me..." Just falls on deaf ears.

That's why companies like Life Alert (I've fallen, and I can't get up,) are still around. Even though Medicare doesn't cover them, anymore.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The silent generation (before boomers,) are famous for insisting to use mobile phone only while they are home... As if it was some how tethered to the wall, like a landline. You tell them, "take the phone with you..." They never do. They always insist you call them when you get home... A throwback to landlines.
You tell them, "it's a mobile, I'll call if there's a problem, it's always with me..." Just falls on deaf ears.

That's why companies like Life Alert (I've fallen, and I can't get up,) are still around. Even though Medicare doesn't cover them, anymore.
This isn’t a throwback to landlines…..this is a courtesy to let someone else know you arrived home safely and didn’t die in a fiery explosion on the highway from someone else using their mobile phone to check Tik Tok and killing you.

Commercial Inside Release

this is a courtesy to let someone else know you arrived home safely
No.
It was a courtesy, back during landlines. Now it is completely unnecessary.

Besides, even if you did die in a firey crash that melted down a whole city, the appropriate response is to send a text, before the flames melt your phone.

(People that should be consumed by flames... Boomers and olders, that leave voicemails.)

Nolimitz

This isn’t a throwback to landlines…..this is a courtesy to let someone else know you arrived home safely and didn’t die in a fiery explosion on the highway from someone else using their mobile phone to check Tik Tok and killing you.
I'm only 66 and I never answer my mobile away from home unless it's my wife or a kid. but i do take it with me.

anonymous23456

I use my smartphone for other things more than phone calls.

I deposit rebate check to my bank by taking a picture and send it up via bank app for example

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I had to help a 90 year old woman download an app on her phone the other day because she had no idea. She was very grateful and I was more than happy to help her.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Never saw or heard such a thing.

rod

Retired 22 years

That is the only reason we let you live— to be our tech slaves. Just remember- youngsters should be seen- not heard.

SmithBarney

The "boomers" you speak of, invented the internet, perfected it and did more for tech than you know... but to answer your question I use to deliver Express in the Villages, we had 5 they now have 8rtes in the villages, ground had probably 20, UPS was running about 25. I covered one zip code of the villages, and my peak day 7 yrs ago was 298 stops(mothers day 186), normally ran about 120day about 24SPORH.. They order, and they order a ton online. for those interested google 32162 zip code, and you'll see how insane this place is.