I know that the.....

Trailer monkey

pension bailout seems to some like a huge govt boondoggle but it will save taxpayers in the long run. When pensioners are forced back to work, they become susceptible to higher numbers of costly accidents and stress related illnesses. Many who can't return to work will fall into poverty and become reliant on welfare and also have high rates of costly stress related illnesses.

rod

Retired 22 years
pension bailout seems to some like a huge govt boondoggle but it will save taxpayers in the long run. When pensioners are forced back to work, they become susceptible to higher numbers of costly accidents and stress related illnesses. Many who can't return to work will fall into poverty and become reliant on welfare and also have high rates of costly stress related illnesses.
That and they all have guns and without their pensions.....................................

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sounds like a plan
Keep that money coming so I don’t have to go on welfare or catch a stress related Illness

What'dyabringmetoday???

The problem is that this is merely a bandage. Won't stop the hemorrhage...

Its_a_me

It is a huge gov't boondoggle.

It will not save taxpayers a nickel in the long run: it was political paybacks for helping get the democrats elected. And my generation and the one behind me will be footing the bill as is typical of all Boomer plans. Then they will pat themselves on the back for all the hard work they did in life--as the next generation continues to have a decreased standard of living--due to them.

Or put simply: the next generation is now paying for the retirement standards of the previous generation to not be cut due to mismanagement by members of that previous generation and the union bosses of that generation.

It's 100% a government boondoggle and 100% political payback for election support: it's also 100% disgusting.

You assume pensioners CAN get jobs and decent ones. No one is going to hire the geriatrics to do work unless they have to.

Show up at UPS as a geriatric and watch how they disqualify you in the first 30 days. Do you think any other company is different? There are millions of horror stories of geriatrics not being able to find jobs due to their age. The technological curve alone disqualifies millions of geriatrics.
a222a95e82370e0653776a93089afb7f.png

That was the only thing good about COVID---it took out some of the geriatric drags on society.

Last edited:

Trailer monkey

You assume pensioners CAN get jobs and decent ones. No one is going to hire the geriatrics to do work unless they have to.
Generally yes, but when they do get hired, particularly when they seek work because they have to and don't really want to, that is when the risk for higher rates of injury and illness kicks in

Cowboy Mac

It will not save taxpayers a nickel in the long run: it was political paybacks for helping get the democrats elected. And my generation and the one behind me will be footing the bill as is typical of all Boomer plans. Then they will pat themselves on the back for all the hard work they did in life--as the next generation continues to have a decreased standard of living--due to them.

Or put simply: the next generation is now paying for the retirement standards of the previous generation to not be cut due to mismanagement by members of that previous generation and the union bosses of that generation.

It's 100% a government boondoggle and 100% political payback for election support: it's also 100% disgusting.

Show up at UPS as a geriatric and watch how they disqualify you in the first 30 days. Do you think any other company is different? There are millions of horror stories of geriatrics not being able to find jobs due to their age. The technological curve alone disqualifies millions of geriatrics.

That was the only thing good about COVID---it took out some of the geriatric drags on society.
You need to show some respect for your elders.

Johney

I can only hope you have to work till you're 90 to help pay for my pension.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
With this infusion, it's time to turn control over to the Western Conference.
Better, yet, let’s blow the roof off this MoFooski. Create a national fund, with more eyes on what the hell is happening, and start to allow for the transfer of Teamsters to other jobs and areas of the Nation. Crazy?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
But if the orphan plans are truly a problem, then that would just cause strife in the Western Conference funds.

Orphans won't be a problem forever, unless the entire industry keeps tanking, which could be a possibility, but then we'd have a lot of other problems to deal with. If anyone can stabilize and manage the Central Fund, it would be the Western Conference. I also think they wouldn't need to co-mingle the accounts, at least not until the central stabilizes.

Better, yet, let’s blow the roof off this MoFooski. Create a national fund, with more eyes on what the hell is happening, and start to allow for the transfer of Teamsters to other jobs and areas of the Nation. Crazy?

My concern over consolidation is if the wrong people get into decision making positions, a national system would affect a lot more people and be much more costly to fix. This is also a concern for merging western and central. But the Western is expanding anyway, and if they continue to maintain a healthy plan, I say let them.