There is nothing that guaranteed in life. UPS isn't either.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s something I wouldn’t do since the belts would report us to Amazon and the dsp, and I don’t want to get thrown out the package car. My dsp would give out a safety bonus if we maintained a high score. I bought an iPad and downloaded the app that tracked our safety so I was able to fiddle with their phones that had the delivery app and not get dinged for a bump on the road because the accelerometer in it would screw you. The iPad paid for itself in a few weeks. Great investment at the time, lol, made me a lot of money.
IMG_1081.gif

cynz

I agree with vulture capitalist that overtook hoste4ss is what ruined and destroyed the company UPS is not even the same. UPS pays cash for everything. They make 25 billion a quarter. Fedex leases everything. The usps cant handle what they have now. And Amazon in Los Angeles just went union. Amazon is union all over Europe and Canada. US is the only one not union. Thats why Apple, Starbucks Amazon pays tons of money for union busters.

Zowert

I agree with vulture capitalist that overtook hoste4ss is what ruined and destroyed the company UPS is not even the same. UPS pays cash for everything. They make 25 billion a quarter. Fedex leases everything. The usps cant handle what they have now. And Amazon in Los Angeles just went union. Amazon is union all over Europe and Canada. US is the only one not union. Thats why Apple, Starbucks Amazon pays tons of money for union busters.
Teamsters was able to organize drivers in a DSP called Battle-Tested Strategies (what a stupid name by the way) down in Palmdale, CA. Only problem is Amazon terminated their contract with them, it will expire in October and all those drivers will be on the unemployment line.

DOK

You kidding right? While our service is subpar as you say it’s still far better than FedEx or the USPS I’ll agree not much better but do you really think that they could actually absorb all our volume? The only way a strike can and will fail is if clowns like you and the other Bozo cross the picket line and allow them to continue to operate scared you’ll lose your job.
That’s also a concern, how many would cross the picket line and work.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Teamsters was able to organize drivers in a DSP called Battle-Tested Strategies (what a stupid name by the way) down in Palmdale, CA. Only problem is Amazon terminated their contract with them, it will expire in October and all those drivers will be on the unemployment line.

The Original 84 is what my local calls them. $30 an hour and refusal to do unsafe stops is pretty good for Amazon. It’s going to be a tough battle ahead since it’s a DSP. I remember they wanted us to start delivering packages inside garages/doors where the app can open it up remotely. :censored2: that. People barely even remember they ordered stuff and I had sketchy confrontations just delivering to the door. I bypassed that :censored2: every time.

textat3

We need to get rid of ft sups and managers in operation, Competent drivers and a good dispatch takes care of 95% of problems…a couple pt sups can handle the rest.

anonymous23456

We need to get rid of ft sups and managers in operation, Competent drivers and a good dispatch takes care of 95% of problems…a couple pt sups can handle the rest.
Let get rid of all the field grade officers and generals in the military. NCO and privates can do 95% of the job....right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Some people want instant gratifications. Waiting for one day with Amazon delivery isn't enough. They want it now and if they have the goods at Best Buy!

Trust me...some people don't want to dream about having it next day at the door. NOW!
Yeah those people go to the store.

Are you this dense?

JustDeliverIt

Let get rid of all the field grade officers and generals in the military. NCO and privates can do 95% of the job....right?

We aren’t nearly as important as the military, don’t flatter yourself.

Yes, competent drivers with area knowledge render management useless and with the cradle they don’t even bother training anyone. They are pretty much desk jockeys looking at computers all day trying to justify their jobs.

So yes, we can do the job with little to no input from people who in many circumstances never did the job themselves. But the computer training they did gave them all the knowledge they need to tell us what to do. 🤣🤣🤣