I Love Morgan Freeman!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe I'm seeing it on more a moral level than a legal one.

Don't get me wrong....I was loving his movies with Ashley Judd, but I see him in a whole other light now. Same with Sidney Poiter after I learned some of his political views. My fav. all time movie is Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.
Sean Penn thinks Chavez is a great guy........then I know he really does have a Spicoli brain!!

wkmac

Maybe I'm seeing it on more a moral level than a legal one.

Don't get me wrong....I was loving his movies with Ashley Judd, but I see him in a whole other light now. Same with Sidney Poiter after I learned some of his political views. My fav. all time movie is Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.
Sean Penn thinks Chavez is a great guy........then I know he really does have a Spicoli brain!!

And on the age issue, I'm inclined to agree but I view incest as based on a blood relationship, not a statutory relationship.

As for Sean Penn, it's funny I was just reading about the passing of Betty Garrett you posted in another forum and the Red Scare part of her life made me think of Sean, who regardless of what you think his faults, is also a great actor IMO. Several years ago I read a great piece although lengthy about Sean's father (Leo Penn) who was also in the movie biz and who got destroyed by the whole red scare BS. Once I read about this in Sean's life I better understood him and had empathy towards him. I don't think Sean is a commie like so many love to claim but rather because of what happened to his family he just holds a lot of anger and maybe rightfully so towards gov't and even towards certain factions of and thus acts out, maybe from a certain POV over reacts out but then maybe like so many people, Sean is blowback from past gov't actions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When you jump from a role like I Am Sam to Mystic River to Milk...yes he is versatile and a good actor. I guess I just need to separate their personal lives from their professional lives, but it is so hard to do because both lives make the person who they are. Maybe we need more Ron Silvers.

wkmac

When you jump from a role like I Am Sam to Mystic River to Milk...yes he is versatile and a good actor. I guess I just need to separate their personal lives from their professional lives, but it is so hard to do because both lives make the person who they are. Maybe we need more Ron Silvers.

What about your hero-President Ronald Reagan? Or is it President T-10?

The more I read about the whole Hollywood Red Scare, the more I become convinced it was contrived so that, (1) Washington could use fear to enhance their power and need but (2) on the backside, the big studios in Hollywood could trample the labor movement and return to the glory days of the Studio System that was little more than a type of plantation and baronism. I mean, damn there be a free market in the acting labor industry because that would harm the "free market" the studio heads enjoyed!