I love my job!

rod

Retired 22 years
They say that bricklayers are a dying breed and if you can get into some kind of program dealing with that you can pretty much name your price

Being a brick layer isn't too hard of job but the apprenticeship you have to serve (supplying the bricks to the bricklayer and keeping his mud tray full) can be brutal. One thing you don't want to get into is becoming a block layer.

Bottom rung

Being a brick layer isn't too hard of job but the apprenticeship you have to serve (supplying the bricks to the bricklayer and keeping his mud tray full) can be brutal. One thing you don't want to get into is becoming a block layer.
Migrant labor got into the masonry and roofing trade around here about twenty years ago. It's now become a race to the bottom.

ups1990

I too, am grateful for what this job has provided our family!
Plumbers make a killing around here but it can be very dirty work, who wants to crawl underneath a strangers house to fix a drain?
I've noticed a lot of drivers getting their boys hired at UPS, probably because of what many of you have mentioned, that a college degree may not provide what it once did.

rod

Retired 22 years
Migrant labor got into the masonry and roofing trade around here about twenty years ago. It's now become a race to the bottom.

How could I forget about those people. Around here they have taken over the sheetrock and roofing jobs. Except winter work---then they are no where near.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How could I forget about those people. Around here they have taken over the sheetrock and roofing jobs. Except winter work---then they are no where near.
We've got the crackheads and convicts doing the roofing around here with a few Mexicans thrown in for good measure
They also do tile and carpet

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I like the job, hate the management.
tumblr_lhaoa9pa1p1qaquxc.gif

underworked1

the opportunities are there for women and minorities first which i do not agree with. the opportunity should go to the best candidate , period.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Because you are here on these forums as a ups worker. If that had been the case we all could have been spared the god awful time of hearing your constant lies and bull:censored2:.

My wife and I both have teaching degrees. I chose to stick with UPS for various reasons. My wife is now a stay at home mom and could not be happier. We have a couple of old college friends that used to give us grief for not using our degrees. One time when they were at our house, my wife "accidentally" left my paycheck out on the counter. They asked if I get paid every other week. I said," Nope, I get one of those every week". We don't see them much anymore, but I make sure to send them postcards when we take a trip.