I made book, so what the hell???

nystripe96

Back in late December a shop steward came up to me, and said I'm due to make book in a few weeks. Here it is Feb 8th, and nothing has been processed. I spoke to HR, she said that I made book on Jan 23rd, but no further steps are necessary at this time. WTF? As of now, no union dues have been taken out of my paycheck, and I haven't gotten my union card either. I spoke to a shop steward the other day, and he didn't give me any straight answer as to why my paperwork hasn't been processed yet. Can someone explain please. Thanks!

UPSGUY72

nystripe96:938269 said:
Email who though? I've spoken to HR and two stewards

You need to call your BA or someone at your locals office. Either Google it or look on the board at work its should be posted.

Your HR person has nothing to due with your dues being taken out the you has to send in form first.

Or you can sit back and complain but sooner or later they are going to figure it out and when they do your going to owe back dues.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a union card? Ive been a Teamster for 10 years and Ive never received a card. Ive paid plenty of dues but no union card.

Johney

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a union card? Ive been a Teamster for 10 years and Ive never received a card. Ive paid plenty of dues but no union card.
Sorry but if you don't have a union card you have been paying dues for no reason at all.

Only j/k, you should have gotten something from your local when you signed up. I got my card not long after filling out my union card.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Really if I contact my Local they will get me a "union card". What exactly is on this card? Does it say that I am a Teamster. If that is all my pay stub tells me that.

nystripe96

In my PD everyone said they get a card, shirt and booklet when they made book. I talked to my shop steward again, he confirmed that. Guess its different in other locals, not in mime

brownrod

In my PD everyone said they get a card, shirt and booklet when they made book. I talked to my shop steward again, he confirmed that. Guess its different in other locals, not in mime

I have never been given a card, shirt or booklet. And I've given the union thousands of dollars over the years! I feel ripped off!

brownrod

You don't get a pension unless you can show them your union card from when you got hired.

I get a statement every year telling me how much my pension will be based on how much time I've worked so far. If I can't pull out this card I've never been given am I SOL???????