I MADE IT!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm sticking it out for a few more years. I'm 48 years old. Healthy and have a well set up PAS route. I really enjoy seeing the people on my route. When UPS becomes work.....I'll throw in the towel.
What full time position did you have when you were 18? When I hired on you had to be 21 to drive. (At least where I was)

reydluap

Rod,

I was a senior in high school. I was actually hired November 10th,1977 as a night washer/local sort part timer. But in those days you were only guaranteed 3 hours of work and time and a half after 5 hours. Overtime for insiders was never a problem. I would go to work right after I got out of High School at 4pm and worked until midnight or 1am almost every night. Oh, those were the good ole days.........

HazMatMan

Rod,

I was a senior in high school. I was actually hired November 10th,1977 as a night washer/local sort part timer. But in those days you were only guaranteed 3 hours of work and time and a half after 5 hours. Overtime for insiders was never a problem. I would go to work right after I got out of High School at 4pm and worked until midnight or 1am almost every night. Oh, those were the good ole days.........

Time and a half after 5 hours back in '77??