I need to give management credit

Safebychoice

For all my years I’ve been a driver here at UPS, it always seems like peak would pop up and surprise management and we would always be unprepared when the avalanche eventually came. This year that has not been the case at least in my center and building. Around June I noticed new drivers being trained every single week, more so than any previous year. I remember asking an on road sup what was up with that and he informed me management would be trying to train 2-3 new guys per week in preparation for peak. And they did just that. We have more routes in this peak than ever before, some guys are a little heavy some days, but nothing like some previous years. Management had a plan, they executed it and now they can sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labor. Well done. I’m so proud to be a UPSer, I never take it lightly that I get to wake up everyday and put my Browns on. I’m going to do everything I can to continue to represent this company in a positive way and do my (small) part to pave the way for future drivers.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I think that UPS finally realized that they were killing us.....killing service.....and killing profit. They were finally at a point that they couldn’t just have us work later or maybe an extra Saturday to get caught up. They had no choice.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
AD380660-498D-44EE-9B80-8E94EE7E2845.gif
For all my years I’ve been a driver here at UPS, it always seems like peak would pop up and surprise management and we would always be unprepared when the avalanche eventually came. This year that has not been the case at least in my center and building. Around June I noticed new drivers being trained every single week, more so than any previous year. I remember asking an on road sup what was up with that and he informed me management would be trying to train 2-3 new guys per week in preparation for peak. And they did just that. We have more routes in this peak than ever before, some guys are a little heavy some days, but nothing like some previous years. Management had a plan, they executed it and now they can sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labor. Well done. I’m so proud to be a UPSer, I never take it lightly that I get to wake up everyday and put my Browns on. I’m going to do everything I can to continue to represent this company in a positive way and do my (small) part to pave the way for future drivers.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I’m a first year driver and I am covering for a guy on vacation this week. Freakin’ crushed it. Had my deliveries done 40 minutes before pickups. Called my sup and asked if they can throw some more stops on this thing the rest of the week. It’s so rewarding being good at your job and knowing management has my back.

I sense a serious discrepancy here.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Lmfao!! It’s only 4 days after Thanksgiving and not even December yet, and all the expansion has been rolled out! Bend over suckass.

Edd O'Rion

Amen

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello? Not even December yet.

rod

Retired 22 years

I thought Dave retired.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Dave aint stupid. He wouldnt have said "first year driver" in one post, and "all my years driving" in another.
In fact, very few people are that dumb.

Ummm,,,,,the OP is. That's exactly what he did.

Read his first post on BC, and his first post in this thread.;)

rod

Retired 22 years
Dave aint stupid. He wouldnt have said "first year driver" in one post, and "all my years driving" in another.
In fact, very few people are that dumb.

I don't know---- Upstate said quite a few stupid things trying to convince people he knew everything.