I Smell A Thief, I Think.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had already. Still can't figure out if this is hypothetical (in which case you should do nothing) or if this is a real situation you are in, where you already inadvertently potentially destroyed someone's life by carelessly posting this on a UPS forum. When you should have done nothing.
You have no idea what you are talking about. I asked a question, not for your Royal Highness to pass judgement on me for posting this question. The question was, What would you do? Your answer? Take this opportunity to beat Steve over the head with his own thread. Get a grip already!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
From Post 12:
No, No, No, this is a what if thing.

I had already. Still can't figure out if this is hypothetical (in which case you should do nothing) or if this is a real situation you are in, where you already inadvertently potentially destroyed someone's life by carelessly posting this on a UPS forum. When you should have done nothing.

Sometimes "what if" would be considered hypothetical. :wink2:

satellitedriver

Thanks for saying it is a hypothetical question - that would have been nice to know, oh, I don't know, in the beginning?.
It was an obvious hypothetical question from the get go.
A hypothetical question can be summed up in this definition;
When a hypothetical question is posed, it includes all the facts in evidence needed to form an opinion and, based on the assumption that the facts are true, the witness is asked whether he or she can arrive at an opinion, and if so, to state it.
Steve just asked for opinion, based on his knowledge of the evidence at hand.
To answer Steve's question,

I personally would talk to the driver, one on one, and voice my concerns.
Two things I abhor are a thief and a liar.
If I knew, for fact, that he was stealing I would "Rat" him out in a heartbeat.

Dagoof

If he is "hypothetically" stealing phones then the phones are traceable and he will get caught when the people he sold them to activate them. We had a preloader stealing cells and having her boyfreind sell them not long after they got busted. I would keep my eyes open and if you catch him in the act then call the number and collect the reward.

trickpony1

Dagoof;536130.......and collect the reward.[/QUOTE said:
You need to read the poster in your buildiung that talks about this "reward".
I think you'll find it says something to the effect of, ".....may be eligible for....".
I know a PC driver that helped police catch a robber that was robbing PC drivers.
He got nothing.
Any questions?

Dagoof

You need to read the poster in your buildiung that talks about this "reward".
I think you'll find it says something to the effect of, ".....may be eligible for....".
I know a PC driver that helped police catch a robber that was robbing PC drivers.
He got nothing.
Any questions?

Umm hypothetical reward Duh. Just kidding:happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I personally witness someone committing a crime, I am justified in reporting them.

If all I have to go on is innuendo and suspicions, I keep my mouth shut.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If there is overwhelming evidence of stolen property, best let LP know.

They will set up a package with tracking device and GPS, and believe me, they will be sneaky enough to get the thief (one way or another).