• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattB

Matt B.
[FONT=&quot]Well, I'm becoming a weekend air driver and need my Drivers test with the building. I have been trying to become a air driver since last November and still at it, all I really need is my test with the driver supervisor, and there is nobody around to give me the test, Every time I'm scheduled to do so, they keep putting me off. I'm getting very tried of this run around routine and starting to lose faith in the people and the company. Does anyone have any suggestions?:bored:

[/FONT] Off the subject, ever since I started working at U.P.S. A manager (now driver supervisor) thinks it is really funny making people angry. He likes to make remarks to people to get under their skin especially mine. I'm sick of this type of trash that is in charge and think they do whatever they feel like doing to people. Does anyone have this type of manager or am I the only one with this type of luck?[FONT=&quot] lol
[/FONT]

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Off the subject, ever since I started working at U.P.S. A manager (now driver supervisor) thinks it is really funny making people angry. He likes to make remarks to people to get under their skin especially mine. I'm sick of this type of trash that is in charge and think they do whatever they feel like doing to people. Does anyone have this type of manager or am I the only one with this type of luck?[FONT=&quot] lol[/FONT]

Those UPS managers exist nationwide, friend. I worked in a UPS building in Illinois. I knew a few of 'em. Best way to avoid them is to keep your mouth shut and nose clean. UPS management is very good at head games. They just don't know when to stop. I howl foul and they'll stop if they know they've crossed the line. I'm talking about when they know I'd have grounds for an Article 37 grievance (harassment). -Rocky

ms. HABITS

You work for a very slow moving giant, everything takes time. Being promoted, transfered or trained. This is typical and I would just keep asking until somone goes out onroad with you.

That style of managment is also very typical. The vetrans ignore it and refuse to let their emotions (anger, etc..) get the best of them. Constructive criticizm is rare, just remember that the comments are nothing personal, you're probably just dealing with a supervisor who's manager is chewing him/her out all day (literally) and threatening his/her job at least once a week.

BCFan

:batman: Matt, I agree with MsHabits it does take time so be patient (if possible). About the :censored2: sup...... take his butt out for a "cheeseburger" after work in a dark alley..... most sups will get scared sometimes to the point of creating a little yellow river when confronted by a good ole fashion behind the barn :censored2: whooping:thumbup1: BC

P.S. just make sure there are no witnesses to rat you out....Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!!!!

oldpaddy

[FONT=&quot]Well, I'm becoming a weekend air driver and need my Drivers test with the building. I have been trying to become a air driver since last November and still at it, all I really need is my test with the driver supervisor, and there is nobody around to give me the test, Every time I'm scheduled to do so, they keep putting me off. I'm getting very tried of this run around routine and starting to lose faith in the people and the company. Does anyone have any suggestions?:bored:

[/FONT] Off the subject, ever since I started working at U.P.S. A manager (now driver supervisor) thinks it is really funny making people angry. He likes to make remarks to people to get under their skin especially mine. I'm sick of this type of trash that is in charge and think they do whatever they feel like doing to people. Does anyone have this type of manager or am I the only one with this type of luck?[FONT=&quot] lol
[/FONT]

Welcome to UPS.
It's not for everyone.

Ms Habits post is 100% dead on.
If you want to last, dont let the lack of action and BS get to you. It comes with the territory. And dont get yourself on their **** list. It's easy to get on it, and can take a LONG time to get off it.

ups_vette

Great advice BCFan..I'm sure when he is released from prison for his assault conviction he'll move right to the top of the list for road tests, although it woun't be for UPS.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
[FONT=&quot]Well, I'm becoming a weekend air driver and need my Drivers test with the building. I have been trying to become a air driver since last November and still at it, all I really need is my test with the driver supervisor, and there is nobody around to give me the test, Every time I'm scheduled to do so, they keep putting me off. I'm getting very tried of this run around routine and starting to lose faith in the people and the company. Does anyone have any suggestions?:bored:[/FONT]

Off the subject, ever since I started working at U.P.S. A manager (now driver supervisor) thinks it is really funny making people angry. He likes to make remarks to people to get under their skin especially mine. I'm sick of this type of trash that is in charge and think they do whatever they feel like doing to people. Does anyone have this type of manager or am I the only one with this type of luck?[FONT=&quot] lol[/FONT]

ok, go buy this movie "The Shawshank Redemption " watch it over and over. until you figure out the connections between the movie itself and the life at UPS, only then you will understand the game.........

UPS Lifer

If you have a problem with a management person, there are many avenues for you to take.

Get a Full Time Human Resource Supervisor involved and bring up specific instances of what is taking place. If that does not help, ask for a meeting with the Employee Relations Manager. It is that person's job to get to the bottom of these type of issues. I am a recently retired manager and every employee at UPS deserves respect. Unfortunately, there are bad apples in every position. Your complaint should be investigated and a resolution should take place. If you still feel you have a concern go to your division manager. If that fails get with your union steward. It shouldn't have to get to that level. If the HR Manager cannot resolve the issue go to the Manager of the HR Department for your district. Do not tolerate an unprofessional supervisor.

Also...put yourself under the microscope and ask yourself if you have done anything that would have solicited this type of action.