I voted Y E S

quamba 638

Oh I knew it was going to pass, I feel sorry for the part timers that were screwed over once again. Makes me proud to be a member of "The Brotherhood" where everybody just watches out for themselves.
Yeah, it sucks that the partimers will have amazing opportunity to be selected to drive as vacation cover instead of outside casuals. It really sucks that progression starting pay pay went up $2.65 per hour. Sucks that PTers will still get free healthcare. I hear you man. This is horrible.

This is your dumbest post ever.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Us part timers had our destiny in our hands. We have a responsibility to ourselves to take care of ourselves. Obviously, pters don't care much for the Democratic process and will probably screech "WHAT HAPPENED?!" When they go to use their benefits.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have to disagree Quamba...What he says does make sense in the grand scheme of things. As a whole, this contract is neutral to the Teamsters AS A WHOLE. It was tailored to the voters i.e. FTers. PTers had their opportunity to take a stand. Only maybe....15% of them voted...and all of those are prolly UPS career minded. And if that's the case, why should UPS offer benefits if they don't want them? I think the next contract is going to open up a split scale between benefits and starting pay. You want bene's $10 an hour. You want money $15 an hour start. The Teamsters can't afford to pay for the benes that the majority that doesn't seem to care about them.

quamba 638

I have to disagree Quamba...What he says does make sense in the grand scheme of things. As a whole, this contract is neutral to the Teamsters AS A WHOLE. It was tailored to the voters i.e. FTers. PTers had their opportunity to take a stand. Only maybe....15% of them voted...and all of those are prolly UPS career minded. And if that's the case, why should UPS offer benefits if they don't want them? I think the next contract is going to open up a split scale between benefits and starting pay. You want bene's $10 an hour. You want money $15 an hour start. The Teamsters can't afford to pay for the benes that the majority that doesn't seem to care about them.

I was referring to stink and the "still free" insurance comment. It's clearly not as good as the current PT plan.
I've never complained about money, I make enough. In 14 months I will be making another 1.40 and hour at UPS.
I will be well over 20 an hour at UPS after this contract. I will probably never become a driver though, it's just not in the cards for me. I signed a bid last fall and found that out the hard way.

quamba 638

I hope they do screech "what happened?!" But I'd like to think the Part timers who actually use their insurance are the part timers who voted. I was floored at the amount of PTers that didn't even know this is a contract year.

390 for and 195 against in local 407. I guess I got the word out to my members. Those three hundred members who's number I have in my phone came in real handy for the mass texts I sent out to vote and vote yes. Yea ha

wolfman1

390 for and 195 against in local 407. I guess I got the word out to my members. Those three hundred members who's number I have in my phone came in real handy for the mass texts I sent out to vote and vote yes. Yea ha

You have been drinking to much Hoffa and Hall Kool Aid. This contract passed but if the truth be told it passed because too many members only care about what they have and don`t care about the other members who are getting short changed. With this kind of mindset aren`t we forgetting what our union is suppose about ? Since our union is broken we should never have gone with a nationwide contract many years ago. Then at least the areas that are getting screwed could and would have a better chance at fixing their issues.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You have been drinking to much Hoffa and Hall Kool Aid. This contract passed but if the truth be told it passed because too many members only care about what they have and don`t care about the other members who are getting short changed. With this kind of mindset aren`t we forgetting what our union is suppose about ? Since our union is broken we should never have gone with a nationwide contract many years ago. Then at least the areas that are getting screwed could and would have a better chance at fixing their issues.

​That's what supplements are for !!!!

oldupsman

Why, is it costing you anything? Oh, you mean that your copay went up and a deductible.

Yes. And that means his insurance is going to go up. Which means he's paying more for health care. To a company who making Billions
of dollars. And big union guys like yourself and 407 are perfectly okay with that. I just don't see why. Basically, yourself and UPS are on the same side
​screwing people out of a excellent health care plan.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You have less than 600 members in your local? and yet you want to speak as if you know whats best for locals with thousands of members?

390 of your members voted yes. 65% There were still 195 ( almost 200) that voted against it.

Clearly, your local was just as divided as the rest of the country. If you had a pajority, I could say you knew what you were talking about, but you didnt. A simple majority.

All locals had clear divides on this contract. Some were real close.

The bigger issue than becomes, how successful has the company been at driving a wedge between us all.

In the next contract, if the company attempts to reduce the wages and benefits of those in the central states region only, I am sure that you will be more than happy if the rest of the country votes YES to make that happen, right?

If the company wants to tear us apart, then all it has to do, seeing this outcome, is to divide us again. CUT YOUR PAY AND BENEFITS while I KEEP MINE... ?

You bet your ash I'm voting yes.

The company will play this game over and over as we fight to be individuals.

407, you didnt help make the Teamsters stronger with your 300 text messages, you only weakened us as a union.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

Peace

TOS

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Damn, I'm agreeing with TOS a lot lately!

The company played the Teamsters like a violin, they wanted to dump Obamacare and the IBT fell for it. They also were successful in keeping the part time and full time workforce divided. I guess keeping my 144 shares of UPS stock in my 401K is a good investment after all, thanks for my future dividends!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Damn, I'm agreeing with TOS a lot lately!

The company played the Teamsters like a violin, they wanted to dump Obamacare and the IBT fell for it. They also were successful in keeping the part time and full time workforce divided. I guess keeping my 144 shares of UPS stock in my 401K is a good investment after all, thanks for my future dividends!

I strongly disagree. High labor costs handicap UPS's future, and even if McCain had been voted & re-elected President, concessions on health care was UPS's primary goal entering negotiates. Quite honestly, I believe health care is where UPS drew the line -- e.g. it was willing to drag-out negotiations unless the Teamsters agreed to some level of concessions. Which the Teamsters did, and quite honestly, I believe it was a fair compromise. Hall has indicated he was willing to fight for the PTers more... but honestly, a contract presented to the masses which was more favorable to the PTers would quickly be voted down, since voter turnout among PT is poor. We PTers have only ourselves to blame.

If anything, the contract demonstrates how greedy the FTers are. They want no-cost health insurance with no out-of-pocket costs, they want an increased pension, they want to earn $100,000/year -- and they really don't give a damn if they take from the PTers, or future FTers (e.g. concessions in seasonal,temporary&casual employees) to earn it. Because of RTW and high turnover (Hall said that at any given time, 30K PTers were new hires), not sure there's enough PT votes to overcome this even if they voted.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I strongly disagree. High labor costs handicap UPS's future, and even if McCain had been voted & re-elected President, concessions on health care was UPS's primary goal entering negotiates. Quite honestly, I believe health care is where UPS drew the line -- e.g. it was willing to drag-out negotiations unless the Teamsters agreed to some level of concessions. Which the Teamsters did, and quite honestly, I believe it was a fair compromise. Hall has indicated he was willing to fight for the PTers more... but honestly, a contract presented to the masses which was more favorable to the PTers would quickly be voted down, since voter turnout among PT is poor. We PTers have only ourselves to blame.

If anything, the contract demonstrates how greedy the FTers are. They want no-cost health insurance with no out-of-pocket costs, they want an increased pension, they want to earn $100,000/year -- and they really don't give a damn if they take from the PTers, or future FTers (e.g. concessions in seasonal,temporary&casual employees) to earn it. Because of RTW and high turnover (Hall said that at any given time, 30K PTers were new hires), not sure there's enough PT votes to overcome this even if they voted.

This hypothosis is just plain, *****.

Peace

TOS

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have lost count of how many contracts I have been through since 1975, this one turned out exactly as I expected. As a full time driver, I came out with a pension increase and retiree dental and vision care. Screw the majority of the workforce is the way most teamsters voted. I can retire right now or wait for my maximin benefits to kick in about August 2014.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have lost count of how many contracts I have been through since 1975, this one turned out exactly as I expected. As a full time driver, I came out with a pension increase and retiree dental and vision care. Screw the majority of the workforce is the way most teamsters voted. I can retire right now or wait for my maximin benefits to kick in about August 2014.

wait, I thought you were going to put your letter in for management...take hoax spot up on the 10th floor???

Coldworld

60 months and counting

​so whats the difference if you retired now or waited until the maximun benefits in a year...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have 29 years full time, so in about 12 months I will have 30 full time and will get an extra $200 a month. I turned 55 last month, so if I retire next year my pension will pay $3200 a month over the $3000 a month a current full pension pays in my part of the country. My 8.25 years of part time service still won't kick in until I turn 65. I'm in good shape from a physical and financial standpoint, I would like to retire without having worn out parts replaced.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If Scratch were to retire now rather than wait until he has his 30 years he would lose approx. $72K. ($200/month*12 months*30 years) This does not include whatever he would earn over the next 12 months.