I want a new job

B

brownmonster

Munchkin, why you dissin me like this. I told you I came to UPS looking for full time work and that was what I got. I gave up applying for part time jobs after I left high school.

P

parttimejon

proups your catchin on. slow learner i see. ups is not the only place that pays 23.00 an hour

E

ezrider

parttimejon if a job change has been lingering in your thoughts for some time that's one thing.I would caution making a job move strictly on a reaction to pension cuts that may or may not happen in your area.Every company has it's own set of problems for employees and this is just one of ours.The grass always looks greener on the other side.

I find the situation as frustrating as you do and I'm in the dreaded CS plan,but I'm not about to leave as some of these die-hard IBT cheerleaders response to anyone who dares question the credibility of the individuals that we members pay money to safeguard our welfare and then inexplicably blame everyone except bigfoot for the mess they made.

Funny how Hoffa and IBT trotted out that line of protecting our benefits from corporate greed and here we are two years later with a Teamster plan that's failing.I'd like to know how all these union-can-do-no-wrong blowhards can stand behind the hypocrisy of IBT claiming contract victory with "no cuts to your health and welfare".

Apparently it's just fine for some to let the IBT to spend our retirement money just so long as they have the false sense of security that thier "greedy employer" doesn't have a crack at it.

P

proups

parttimejon: Slow learner? Me? You are the one contemplating walking away from UPS.

Tell me where you are going to earn more than a UPS driver when you walk in the door.

Let me know what you learn......

P

parttimejon

without even thinking i learned (know) my dad makes 24.00 an hour in the carpenters union. with benifits and retirement which by the way isn't being cut. learned that pretty quick huh

T

toonertoo

BENEFITS.....(SORRY spelling is my pet peeve)

(Message edited by toonertoo on December 09, 2003)