i want to go drive fulltime management says no

UPSGUY72

Ive been working for ups for 7 years every time i knock on managements door they say we don need you yet they still hire guys from the outside and inside with less seniority then me whats should i do?

If what you say is true... Skip asking your shop steward the deal and call your BA.

123brown

Call your BA and set up a meeting with HR and the Division Manager and be professional.
you know how hard it is to get people now in days to just have a sit down every body is "busy" i cant even get hr to pick up the phone let alone organize a meeting with all three parties in one room all though i have tried but someone always manages to be "busy" or on "vacation"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you know how hard it is to get people now in days to just have a sit down every body is "busy" i cant even get hr to pick up the phone let alone organize a meeting with all three parties in one room all though i have tried but someone always manages to be "busy" or on "vacation"

Teleconference?

T

Turdferguson

You could all sit down and have a working lunch.....
Oh wait that's what you got in trouble for wasn't it.

123brown

You could all sit down and have a working lunch.....
Oh wait that's what you got in trouble for wasn't it.
that's the bs excuse they gave me as to y i got cut when i went back again a year later i sat down told the manager sorry about last year and the whole not taking a lunch break issue and that i woudn't do it again i learned my lesson but he said to bad that was your shot u friend'd up

123brown

If what you say is true... Skip asking your shop steward the deal and call your BA.
my BA told me to wait when i told him its not right to not give me a 2nd shot. i tell him there still hiring guys from the street and guys with less seniority then me and all he ever says is wait relax calm down. iv waited well over a year ! Now i dont have a dirty driving record or criminal record there clean they don't have anything to pin on me. i don't have tattoos running up and down my arms they have no real excuse for not letting me try a 2nd time.

9.5 everyday

There's something seriously wrong here. I still can't wrap my head around them having you work 39 days and then getting disqualified over a skipped lunch. It just doesn't add up. Either everyone there needs to lose their job, or one person needs to lose their job. Sorry dude, it just does t make sense.

There's something seriously wrong here. I still can't wrap my head around them having you work 39 days and then getting disqualified over a skipped lunch. It just doesn't add up. Either everyone there needs to lose their job, or one person needs to lose their job. Sorry dude, it just does t make sense.
Either your management team does not want you as a driver or they want a lower seniority employee to have the job. I have seen this happen before.

123brown

Either your management team does not want you as a driver or they want a lower seniority employee to have the job. I have seen this happen before.
that's one someone told me because i have to much seniority that's y that wont let me have another shot. but that makes no sense to me because i have been there for 7 years that's a bad thing im not an old dog im in my late 20s. so what if i have more time then the other drivers i would probably be top 10 in the seniority list not even top 5 so whats the big deal.

123brown

its not my work ethic i know that. i have supervisors that i worked for loading trailers that will vouch for me and they have but there words mean nothing they just feel sorry for me. this one manager that met me for 39 days gets the final say. Not the supers that have known me for 7 years. they just don't want me but i dont care cause that cant be the way this place works y have i been paying union dues all these years for? im in too deep to just walk away i wont make what i make now if i leave and look for work somewhere els. they say do something you like and you'll never feel like you work a day in your life.

9.5 everyday

Just about everyone I know that started after me worked through their lunch break so that they would make 9.5 hours. Nearly all of them qualified. The ones that didn't make it were disqualified for other reasons. But not for working through their lunch.

newfie

the question would be why they won't let him work
its not my work ethic i know that. i have supervisors that i worked for loading trailers that will vouch for me and they have but there words mean nothing they just feel sorry for me.

You realize a little sympathy from the supervisors that have no credibility with their boss may be clouding your perspective.
you need to dig deeper to find out why you're in someones dog house. You brought it up here and at this point you have given us vague answers.

123brown

i know thats y its bs all us new guys sat down during training classes talked and we all came to the conclusion no lunch brake for us. one of my buddies made it good for him and he didn't take a lunch brake just like me . and i was getting more work them him and coming back at about the same time sometimes a few mins before him but i had 50 more stops then him and 2 pick ups at 2 different ups stores he was getting 150 stops and i was getting 200 i told him your lucky good for you iv got 50 more then you and i was still coming back at the same time as him and he made it.

newfie

i know thats y its bs all us new guys sat down during training classes talked and we all came to the conclusion no lunch brake for us. one of my buddies made it good for him and he didn't take a lunch brake just like me . and i was getting more work them him and coming back at about the same time sometimes a few mins before him but i had 50 more stops then him and 2 pick ups at 2 different ups stores he was getting 150 stops and i was getting 200 i told him your lucky good for you iv got 50 more then you and i was still coming back at the same time as him and he made it.

see this is what I'm talking about . this means nothing to me. There is a reason they are not giving you a chance. all this jibber jabber is not the answer. If you did a good job they would not let you work 39 days and DQ for not taking lunch. There something else you're not telling us.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can't compare routes like that. We have one route in our building where an 8 hour day is 65 stops and another where an 8 hour is closer to 145.