I was an idiot...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...for thinking that I could schedule an appointment with my foot doctor during my lunch hour to have an infected, ingrown toenail removed.

So at the urging of my wife, I called in sick on Wednesday. I hate doing that; one of the things I take pride in is that I often go for well over a year between sick call occurences.

It was the right choice. The appointment took 90 minutes. I wound up having the entire nail removed, and the root cauterized with acid to keep it from ever growing back. The doctor put a dressing on it the size of a plum. There is no way in hell I could have put a work boot on, much less delivered 90 stops and 35 pickups, after having that done. And once the Novacaine wore off a couple of hours later, the pain was so bad that I had to take Vicodin for it which is an absolute last resort for people like me who are in recovery.

The worst part is, I have had to call in sick for the last 2 days. I just cannot get a work boot on. I felt really bad today because its the Friday before a 3 day weekend and the usual collection of slackers were calling in sick anyway. I made it clear that I would come in and drive if they needed me to, as long as they gave me a helper and let me wear my Birkenstock sandal on that foot instead of a boot. So at least my conscience is clear.

And so as to remove all doubt, I took a picture of the toe with my cellphone and e-mailed it to my supervisor.:sick: Just a little something to brighten his day while eating lunch!

Because I am at heart a truly sick and revolting person, I will share that pic with those of you who have similar, gruesome tastes. Dont say you werent warned!:happy-very: rotten toe of doom.jpg
rotten toe of doom.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
No thank-you, can't take a look , yet. Haven't drank enough, to look at something like what you described... yucky !!!

Mike57

Yes,
I know about the toe nail problems, when I was younger ,I had both big toe nails removed! Yes it hurt!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Awwww, it's the pinky toe !!

[video=youtube;A2xjjcg1NZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2xjjcg1NZs[/video]

over9five

Staff member
Sober, you have a great work ethic, but......

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SICK DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Great pic, by the way. Thanks for sharing!)

bigbrownhen

Yea, that looks painful. You would have just got an infection if you went to work with it. Hot sweaty boot not a good idea just yet. Hope you heal up over the weekend.