• Total voters

Commercial Inside Release

BEER FTW!!

e8560f601368f69a0c187d93ed32850b.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Home made?
Of course, cherry is my favorite. This has so much cream it has a different texture and rich taste compared to store bought. We used to hand crank the wooden ice cream makers as kids, peach was a common flavor back then. We use an electric plastic maker now, we put it in a container and freeze it overnight in a deep freezer. My wife won a contest once. She started with vanilla, added chocolate, caramel, cherries, and walnuts to it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Of course, cherry is my favorite. This has so much cream it has a different texture and rich taste compared to store bought. We used to hand crank the wooden ice cream makers as kids, peach was a common flavor back then. We use an electric plastic maker now, we put it in a container and freeze it overnight in a deep freezer. My wife won a contest once. She started with vanilla, added chocolate, caramel, cherries, and walnuts to it.
When I was a kid and visiting relatives in Georgia they would always make ice cream. They had one electric and also a hand crank.
Get the electric.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When I was a kid and visiting relatives in Georgia they would always make ice cream. They had one electric and also a hand crank.
Get the electric.
As a kid in North Carolina my family(on both my grandparent’s side) always had homemade ice cream at get togethers, especially family reunions.

badpal

As a kid in North Carolina my family(on both my grandparent’s side) always had homemade ice cream at get togethers, especially family reunions.
Every kid should experience sitting around with extended family taking turns cranking a freezer. sometimes it was done fast and other times you really had to work at it. I never have figured out how the rock salt helped it freeze.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Every kid should experience sitting around with extended family taking turns cranking a freezer. sometimes it was done fast and other times you really had to work at it. I never have figured out how the rock salt helped it freeze.
The salt lowers the freezing point

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Forget the rock salt ice cream machines, the freezer bowls are the way to go.
Only exception might be the outdoor event.

Some of my favorites are classic-heavy cream, DQ recipe-soft serve, (you use gelatin in the mix), and custard. My custard is egg yokes, whole milk/light cream. You heat the mix then cool it down before churning.

Family

Some of my favorites are classic-heavy cream, DQ recipe-soft serve, (you use gelatin in the mix), and custard. My custard is egg yokes, whole milk/light cream. You heat the mix then cool it down before churning.
Are you girls done in the kitchen

badpal

Sadly, i will never have the best tasting homemade with her own strawberries again. That recipe died with grandma.