Ideal Degrees for Management

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You newbies are so cute.

Maybe in your 20 driver center, you get along with everyone and the air smell like sweet unicorn farts.

Someday, if you make it as a FT supe, you'll get moved into a bigger center where nobody cares about you. Mayberry to downtown Compton will be a shock.

Good luck.
Not to imply that Cosmo cares about you either.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wish I could sleep in past 6. :(
I had problems going to sleep last night and finally got to sleep around 10am this morning ... woke up around 10 pm tonight.
I'd be happy to get to sleep by 6am most days.
I take a medicine daily that causes increased synaptic firing and sometimes it really does a number on me, like today.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am visiting my son in Iowa for a few days and he just shook his head when he saw that I was showered, dressed and heading out the door before 6 this morning. I told him that I wouldn't have to go anywhere if he had coffee in his house. :)

He has a conference call at 7:30 this morning which he will do from home in his pajamas and then we are heading out to do some more exploring. We drove to LeClaire yesterday to check out Antique Archaeology (American Pickers) and the surrounding area. The car parked out front is in much worse shape that it appears to be on TV and most of the merchandise is WAY overpriced. The rest of the town is quite nice, an eclectic mix of antique stores, distilleries/breweries and specialty stores.

My son was hoping Danielle would be there. :)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I am visiting my son in Iowa for a few days and he just shook his head when he saw that I was showered, dressed and heading out the door before 6 this morning. I told him that I wouldn't have to go anywhere if he had coffee in his house. :)

He has a conference call at 7:30 this morning which he will do from home in his pajamas and then we are heading out to do some more exploring. We drove to LeClaire yesterday to check out Antique Archaeology (American Pickers) and the surrounding area. The car parked out front is in much worse shape that it appears to be on TV and most of the merchandise is WAY overpriced. The rest of the town is quite nice, an eclectic mix of antique stores, distilleries/breweries and specialty stores.

My son was hoping Danielle would be there. :)
that show is interesting but i don't like how they figure their "profit" on stuff they buy . they say it is "valued" at such and such so their profit is such. they should only post what it sold for so they know what there pretax profit is. they are idiots sometimes on what they pay for stuff. lucky if they break even on a lot of it.

i do like the shows when they are buying old bicycles and motorcycles and especially the people they buy from are much more interesting than they are. the best part of the show is the people they buy from.

Edd Orion

Hey all,

Recently, I planned on going into being a PT Sup for the tuition assistance. I have my bachelors degree in Cultural Anthropology and a minor in Economics (which essentially means what I studied was labor history).

Looking for Masters programs, I wanted to ask what kinds of degrees are UPS management usually looking for?

Would it be wise to continue my track and study sociology (possibly for a human resources application)?

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
Masters of intimidation and harassment

Hey all,

Recently, I planned on going into being a PT Sup for the tuition assistance. I have my bachelors degree in Cultural Anthropology and a minor in Economics (which essentially means what I studied was labor history).

Looking for Masters programs, I wanted to ask what kinds of degrees are UPS management usually looking for?

Would it be wise to continue my track and study sociology (possibly for a human resources application)?

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
A BA in BS.

Inthegame

I had problems going to sleep last night and finally got to sleep around 10am this morning ... woke up around 10 pm tonight.
I'd be happy to get to sleep by 6am most days.
I take a medicine daily that causes increased synaptic firing and sometimes it really does a number on me, like today.
You should go back to work on the night sort...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You should go back to work on the night sort...
I agree 100%!
When I was in the hub on the Midnight sort, I absolutely loved it.
Get off around 6 am and go play golf or tennis and then go to bed.
I built a bedroom in the basement that had no windows and it was pitch-black during the day.

Popeye

The degree really doesn't matter. The only skill you need is butt-smooching. The better you are at it the further you'll go. If when asked to do something you know is stupid you can just stfu, smile and do it you will be successful. If you want to actually use what you learned earning a college degree you are in the wrong place.

dudebro

I agree 100%!
When I was in the hub on the Midnight sort, I absolutely loved it.
Get off around 6 am and go play golf or tennis and then go to bed.
I built a bedroom in the basement that had no windows and it was pitch-black during the day.
I used half of my garage. Couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Perfect.