Idiocracy

sx2700

Banned
This isn't a UPS related topic, but I think it is interesting. Who here has seen the movie 'Idiocracy', and if you haven't seen it you should. I thought it was a hilarious movie but at the same time a sad reality of what our country is headed toward. Just curious what other people that have seen it think.

sx2700

Banned
Basically, this guy played by Luke Wilson gets frozen as part of a military experiment and wakes up 500 years in the future where everybody in America has eventually devolved into a complete imbecile.

It`s not so far fetched an idea. I`ve always believed there was a plan to dumb down America because simple minded people are easy to control.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Basically, this guy played by Luke Wilson gets frozen as part of a military experiment and wakes up 500 years in the future where everybody in America has eventually devolved into a complete imbecile.

Well, judging from current American politics, I don't think it will take 500 years to get to that "complete imbecile" state. We have been having imbeciles in charge for several decades now.

filiperuvian

20 yrs till retirment yay
This isn't a UPS related topic, but I think it is interesting. Who here has seen the movie 'Idiocracy', and if you haven't seen it you should. I thought it was a hilarious movie but at the same time a sad reality of what our country is headed toward. Just curious what other people that have seen it think.

funny you say your post isn't UPS related, because the title idiocracy seems to fit pretty well.:funny:

sx2700

Banned
Not another "oh, the masses are so dumb" story.

Well......The masses are so dumb. Have you spent time with some of the kids that they are turning out of the high schools these days? I heard on a radio show not long ago that only 25% of high school students in Detroit actually graduate. Do you spend any time on the internet? Go to some of the sites where people upload videos of themselves being idiots and then read the comments that people are leaving and then tell me that people aren't stupid.

JustTired

free at last.......
Haven't seen the movie....but I think we're well on our way when.....

People complain about the price of gas, but are unwilling to alter their driving habits or travel plans to apply pressure on oil companies.

People complain about the loss of American jobs, but continue to shop at places like Walmart with their "Communist Chinese bargains".

People complain about our government, but continue to vote for the same clowns every time (if they bother to vote at all).

People complain about the state of education, but they don't bother to interact with their own children in a positive manner (teaching values and ettiquette).

This all plays into the hands of those that need us to fit into a "global economy" to further their interests. So, yeah, I think we're well on our way. JMO

UPSn00b

boxchucker
I've seen the movie in question...and there's no question we're well on our way to watering our plants with Brawndo....because it's what plants crave. It's got electrolytes!

Last edited:
I caught the last of a report on the news the other day that immigrants are wanting the US to change our language to where is easier to learn. Change how words are spelled and what not. The dumbing down of America is not a new thing by any means either. I can remember when you had to actually pass the SATs to get into college.

john346

No more Brown!
It was recommended to me by a friend, we watched it and feel it should be introduced at high school level as a warning, as equally pushed as anti drug & alcohol campaigns.
It's funny, but scary at the same time. Seems every time there are any federal or state cutbacks our schools take a hit. I've contended for years that ours is no longer a government for the people. Rather ours has become a government to lead the people. Which flock of sheep are easier to keep in line, savvy ones always thinking of ways to break away from control, trying to find a better way, or mindless simple ones that just go along with everything fed to them?
Agiain it's funny, but scary at the same time. :anxious: