If I won the lottery this is how I'd quit UPS!

helenofcalifornia

Too funny BB! And I think I traveled around Europe when I was younger in that Mini. Me, my cousin and a crazy Australian. Had to leave Greece under a rather hurried situation. Sold it for 10 pounds.

code5

Id work for two days and have a blast. 1st day I would work my butt off then show everyone I was a great employee. Second day I would say bye to a few of my favourite customers. Tell a couple customers to go fly a kite! Bag the crap out of the package car. Take all my co-workers out for lunch. I'd work my full shift and try to have some fun knowing it would be my last.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I would give my 2 week notice, then buy my beach front home on nantucket island. I would also give every teamster in the building I worked in a weeks paid vacation. Then of course I will go into the lottery witness protection agency, where your name is changed, along with your ss#.

First thing one should do is to say nothing ( that means everyone you know), contact a lawyer, set up a blind trust fund ( pick a name for the trust that has NOTHING to do with anything you know or own ), instruct the lawyer not to claim the winnings until all your
new legal and banking documents are in place,( say 6 months ), The lawyer will claim the winnings for the trust fund, thus your name & info never has to be known.
While you are waiting, one can properly plan for your departure in style.
Myself, I would just leave and let the rumor mill run wild.

rod

Retired 22 years
90% of us would likely quit our jobs if we could and just live life to the fullest. I thought it'd be a fun post for this since I'm sure I'm not the only one who've thought of it.

Anyways, here's mine:

Get a skateboard or rollerblades, climb on the belt and roll on down it with nothing on except the letters 'kiss this management' written on my keester. Background song blaring would be Perfect Stranger - Fire When Ready

I would say it would be more like 99.9% and the 1/10th of a persent that wouldn't quit don't have the brains to be trusted with a bunch of money so they should give it to me:wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What I'd really do.

Right after the '97 strike a fellow driver and a good friend of mine died from lung cancer. He was well liked and respected by everybody. I would love to set up a scholarship fund in his memory for the child of any UPSer in our local. (John, I have not and will never forget you.) And then I wouldn't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out.

What a great idea. There wouldn't be a better way to honor a friend in my book.

well, you just proved you don't need to win the lottery to live a dream, from what you tell us, you are already considered a PITA in your center.

Ya, mgt doesn't like me much. I can't understand why................ they are the ones that keep doing stupid things.:surprised:

a Perfectly Intelligent Transportation Associate, that is!:wink2:

LOL I was wondering where you were going to go with that.

I have a York peppermint patty from 1969.

It's in perfectly mint condition:happy2:

:rofl: That's funny!

Tony31yrs

I agree with the people that say "If I won enough, I would quit to give someone else that needed the job a living." I worked at UPS for 31 years and in all that time I never got a warning letter, but wasn't a butt-kisser either. I spoke up and didn't let them crap on me. I worked within the rules and stuck it to them within the rules. At the same time, I saw how management intimidated drivers, fired them and abused them. Sometimes deserved, sometimes just because of personality conflicts. I didn't work one day longer than I needed to in order to get my full pension.
When I was still working, I always said that if I won the lottery, I would wait for a day when they really stuck it to me with a bad, heavy load and then say,"Screw it! I quit! You take it out!"-right after the last driver left the building. I wouldn't want to screw any of my co-workers.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I gave it some thought, there is the way I dreamed I would do it, but think I wouldn't know what to do except to attain a lawyer and go from there! but would continue to work until my situation was straight!

things2auction

We had a spa guy at our center quit by miss labeling almost every single box. By the time someone figured out what he was doing it was too late and the center was completely screwed for the day.

However, he did not win the lottery, and came back trying to get a job again. Joke was on him then.

HappyP

If I won the lottery, my first thing would be to give to people less fortunate than myself, especially homeless or parentless children. I would take care of the family that I am close to, especially the ones who are struggling and make sure that their children have an opportunity to go to college.

Then, I would buy all of the UPS stock I could get my hands on, with the intention of having a majority vote and hopefully a board seat. First, all of the old time UPSers who are here just to put more money in their pensions (already millionaires) would be forced to retire. I would then create a better atmosphere for both corporate, district and hub buildings. Grow the business and stop putting all of our money into UPSers who are already filthy rich and just being greedy. We got to bring UPS into the 21st century, and take advantage of technology. We are a classy company but are a little old fashion, we worry too much about our brand than doing what is right for our company and people. As a new UPSers, it is difficult at times to work in an environment where you have these old time UPSers who don't produce work, but make triple what you make and you will not be given an opportunity to make that amount of money because of budget cuts and lower pay brackets. We have got to get rid of dead weight or we will lose the talented younger generation who aren't defined by loyalty and commitment, but money.

After that, I would leave the country for a year and see all the places in the world that I have dreamed of. Once I return, just attend my board meetings and live off of my interest from the money I have left. :)

killamjl

I think i would keep working for ups except make a few changes.

Get a custom built package car with A/C, good sound system, smooth running engine, well lit package compartment, and a nice seat.

Id also hire a few teenagers to run any businesses/offices/schools/apartments/etc that i would have on my truck and deliver them for me.

Id make sure to take my 1hour lunch everyday(and maybe an extra 30mins if needed it) religiously at a nice place to eat, no more subway.

If it was raining heavily i would just stop working until it stopped while i watched tv in the back of my pakage car. If management tried to push more work on me, or needed me to do x and y id just shrug that off to, It can wait for the next day.

Mostly tho I would like to know how long I could work for UPS doing it my way, still doing my job and being responsible, but doing it really safe, slow, and without all the bulcrap rules.

I bet i could get away with it for awhile

paidover95

If i won enough i would quit for sure and never look back.I would be playing in the world series of poker in las vegas!!!thats for sure.Move the family to a warmer climate,and take life easy.

diesel96

I would immediately contact Oscar Meyer and find out if I could drive that wiener mobile around the country, then I would take it to West Coast Customs -have it tricked out and a high performance engine put in.

Contact WKMAC.....He claims to have the wiener mobile parked in his garage, problem is Ron Jeremy comes with it....:wink2:

Anyway....back on thread :
I don't feel I need to win the lottery because all the money in the world won't buy me my health, family, love and happiness.....Oh geez, who am I kidding, ok, maybe the pursuit of happiness in the form of material things.....well, alright, what the hell.... it would buy me a custom made chopper next to my Lear jet (Babes optional):
15.gif

and a kick ass custom made Hatteress...

But I'm grateful for what I have and achieved, and anything else like winning the lottery, would be a bonus.... mmm...I'm still waiting God:wink2:
Oh...and I would say "Thanks for the memories" but later UPS....many pkg drivers want my Feeder position....and I will gladly oblige.