If it gets voted down

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
will we vote again before the new year?
My opinion. No, you won't get to vote again in 2018. This is your favorite be & only vote for this year. So if it does get voted down. UPS will stall talks during peak as the membership gets many Union updates that their pay will all be retroactive and to hang in there. Solidarity fliers.

*THEN* after peak, that would be around January 20th. The company will reoffer the indentical master and maybe a little less. It will be a last, best & final. Take it or leave it. The membership will more than likely then vote to Strike. They'll have very little leverage in early 2019. UPS will bring back as much Christmas help as they can and employees that didn't make their 30-day. It will be a tough battle but UPS will no longer be involved with the Union by 2020 and on Labor Day, 2019 you'll more than likely be working at Best Buy.

That's my honest guess. Yet, you'll always have Tyler to kick around some memes with.

Happy Labor Day!

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
My opinion. No, you won't get to vote again in 2018. This is your favorite be & only vote for this year. So if it does get voted down. UPS will stall talks during peak as the membership gets many Union updates that their pay will all be retroactive and to hang in there. Solidarity fliers.

*THEN* after peak, that would be around January 20th. The company will reoffer the indentical master and maybe a little less. It will be a last, best & final. Take it or leave it. The membership will more than likely then vote to Strike. They'll have very little leverage in early 2019. UPS will bring back as much Christmas help as they can and employees that didn't make their 30-day. It will be a tough battle but UPS will no longer be involved with the Union by 2020 and on Labor Day, 2019 you'll more than likely be working at Best Buy.

That's my honest guess. Yet, you'll always have Tyler to kick around some memes with.

Happy Labor Day!
Stfu already

F

Frankie's Friend

@Sickofit

Was :censored2: off.... when I said UPS members were uniformed.

I was wrong.

They are "low information" voters.
If this statement has any credibility it lies in the fact that the leadership in at least locals are "low information" peddlers.
I'm not pissed off about what you said. Im pissed off about the situation that remains.

F

Frankie's Friend

@BigUnionGuy is not paying attention.
Man-Peeing-Shark-Looking-Frm-Back-Funny-Picture.jpg

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
will we vote again before the new year?

Unions across the country are hurting. They're in trouble. This is true

This is why in my opinion the union is pushing this for their members so hard. Which, as it turns out, the membership actually hates the union anyways. I've never heard so many hourlies bash the union and leadership in my life, even Stewards. However, I'm also not so sure it's all UPS hourly employees. I think some management, some competitor management (they'd really favor a "no" vote). New hires who don't care, Revengeful employees wanting to stick it to the man. Folks on the sideline having fun and most importantly Wall Street are pushing No and how come your negotiating committee is sticking it to you so bad.

Wall Street institutions want a strike in the biggest possible way. If that was to happen it will hurt the stock in near-term but investing is a series of shorts & longs... puts & calls. Wall Street would love a union free UPS. You can bet your last $ on that.

Many, many online want a strike. You're correct to be concerned about this contract. It isn't just about new hires not being in a 2-tier system. It's about the strength & longevity of the IBT as an entity.

Vote Yes or Vote No. Just don't let the internet make your decision. That includes my opinion. We will not help you after the fact. Guaranteed.

Think of your family.

Time for change

Unions across the country are hurting. They're in trouble. This is true

This is why in my opinion the union is pushing this for their members so hard. Which, as it turns out, the membership actually hates the union anyways. I've never heard so many hourlies bash the union and leadership in my life, even Stewards. However, I'm also not so sure it's all UPS hourly employees. I think some management, some competitor management (they'd really favor a "no" vote). New hires who don't care, Revengeful employees wanting to stick it to the man. Folks on the sideline having fun and most importantly Wall Street are pushing No and how come your negotiating committee is sticking it to you so bad.

Wall Street institutions want a strike in the biggest possible way. If that was to happen it will hurt the stock in near-term but investing is a series of shorts & longs... puts & calls. Wall Street would love a union free UPS. You can bet your last $ on that.

Many, many online want a strike. You're correct to be concerned about this contract. It isn't just about new hires not being in a 2-tier system. It's about the strength & longevity of the IBT as an entity.

Vote Yes or Vote No. Just don't let the internet make your decision. That includes my opinion. We will not help you after the fact. Guaranteed.

Think of your family.

The only thing I agree with you on is the IBT leadership and full time members crapping on part timers which is the majority. Unions are dying and they crap on the majority of members. Good way to make them leave in rtw States or make them apathetic union members. Huge mistake alienating so many members. But that’s the two or more tier system for you.

F

Frankie's Friend

Which, as it turns out, the membership actually hates the union anyways.
You've just proven yourself a liar and your Tokyo Rose posts are ridiculous.

One thing we do hate is a management troll like you sticking your nose in union issues. You been on here since feburary and you are now the savior of the company, stirring up trash with your lies.
No one that listens to you believes any of your noise Integrity.

I've never heard so many hourlies bash the union and leadership in my life, even Stewards.
Where were you at in 2013 when 18 supplements and riders were voted down? Did you just get hired or are you even a ups employee at all so that you didn't hear the outrage five years ago?

You have no credibility on here. Save your breath.

As for why unions allegedly "dying"...

*Weak and lazy local and higher leadership.

*Leadership out of touch with their members vocations and friendly to management.

*Apathy due to the above issues.

"Things will never change". I've heard it for 2 decades. Many are beat down and have given up believing in their leadership.

There are really good people in leadership and I know a few of them. They deserve all the support we can give them.

But why did a worksite just recently decide not to become Teamsters here locally (some voters were former members of our local) voting it down 3-1?
Answer that and the picture will become clearer what's happening to some local unions and why they're in declining membership.

Your DM conference call is waiting. Please go.

F

Frankie's Friend

The company will reoffer the indentical master and maybe a little less. It will be a last, best & final. Take it or leave it. The membership will more than likely then vote to Strike.

You are so dumb. We already took a strike vote. Evidently you missed that while you were at the Atlanta zoo.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
You are so dumb. We already took a strike vote. Evidently you missed that while you were at the Atlanta zoo.

The company will force a re-vote. The authorization was prior to the handshake agreement. The company holds all the 'legal' cards if a no vote occurs. Sorry.

However, here's a great tune to cheer you up. :)

F

Frankie's Friend

I didn't think I could be any less impressed with the Union until I read this!
I just took it as BUG poking me for my responses.
Nothing personal or abusive.
This is the internet fictional fight forum.
In the end I'm still proud to be a Teamster and I will stand up for the CBA when it's done.

BUG is straight forward with what he believes and I respect that.
There are few who have the guts to stand up for their beliefs no matter where the chips fall.

F

Frankie's Friend

The company will force a re-vote. The authorization was prior to the handshake agreement. The company holds all the 'legal' cards if a no vote occurs. Sorry.

However, here's a great tune to cheer you up. :)

Here's a pic to cheer you up.
988l4.gif

How bout that @wide load? Not much damage but the point got across.

Undertow

I love the optimism here but the fix is in, in my opinion. This thing gets pushed through one way or another.
It was always gonna be an uphill fight to attain something decent when roughly 1 out of every 4 members can bother to read the details much less care enough to vote. The company is offering the absolute worst it thinks it has a shot at passing because an overwhelming amount of the union membership has proven over time that it will repeatedly offer that opportunity. That's how negotiating works, so nothing to this point has surprised me.

Without the leverage of a potential work stoppage right around Thanksgiving, it's not as if the company really has much incentive to make a better offer. A work stoppage in April or May is far less likely to yield a better result than one potentially would at the absolute busiest time of the year.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Wow, you could not possibly more off base! What in the hell makes you think the company can "force" the union to re-vote?