If you are thinking about voting NO…

What'dyabringmetoday???

The problem with most pension plans they have not gotten raises for many many years
What may sound like a decent number today will not be a good number 10 or 20 years from now

But yes everyone needs to take a little personal responsibility and put some money into their own personal retirement plans
Wow- you actually are making sense! Good for you!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nobody wants to say it, but I will.

Central States troubles and the buy out by UPS were a result of the original Hoffa's indiscretions and the subsequent Consent Decree.

He is the Pete Rose of the Teamsters Union, yet we continue to canonize him as infallible.

I applaud Sean for trying to even the playing field once again through collective bargaining, in the absence of any other real options.

How in the hell else will we ever have a real National Master, if everyone is really voting for autonomous regional and local issues?
Level the playing field? They are better off than most now? $5300 a month!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This won’t end well
Language on page 24 of the national tentative agreement also clearly states that all non-distressed pensions would have their yearly maximum health and welfare contribution increases cut in half, from $40 to $20 per week.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Level the playing field? They are better off than most now? $5300 a month!

Under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan any part time service is not included with that 5300 a month over age 55 service benefit.

I am guessing that over 80 percent of those full timers who can qualify have close to 10 years vested as a part timer under the UPS Pension Plan. Those years are subject to a 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65 when they left that plan, so if they leave at age 55 as a full timer whatever little amount they have vested as a part timer will be cut by 60 percent. That pension benefit is separate from their full time benefits, totally different plan.

Those members that would qualify for all those IBT/UPS service levels will be retiring much older than the other plans like the Western. We had senior part timers with 15 to 20 years service who jumped on those 22.3’s early on only to find out they would be retiring with less once they hit age 55 by going full time. Those full time years under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan are also subject to a 6 percent penalty if you do not hit those service requirements listed.

It would have been great if they could have negotiated all hours worked like it is done in the West (part time and full time) for those members in the Central and Southern. Didn’t happen…

Those full timers under the IBT/UPS Pension formulas actually deserves more pension equality and improvements than those (enhanced) benefits listed with this TA. The main reason for that is most of us will be close to 65 and will have over 45 years service before we get anything close to what the other plans pay out now.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan any part time service is not included with that 5300 a month over age 55 service benefit.

I am guessing that over 80 percent of those full timers who can qualify have close to 10 years vested as a part timer under the UPS Pension Plan. Those years are subject to a 6 percent penalty for every year prior to age 65, so if they leave at age 55 whatever little amount they have vested will be cut by 60 percent. That pension benefit is separate from their full time benefits, totally different plan.

Those members that would qualify for all those IBT/UPS service levels will be retiring much older than the other plans like the Western. We had senior part timers with 15 to 20 years service who jumped on those 22.3’s early on only to find out they would be retiring with less once they hit age 55 by going full time.

It would have been great if they could have negotiated all hours worked like it is done in the West (part time and full time) for those members in the Central and Southern. Didn’t happen…

Those full timers under the IBT/UPS Pension formulas actually deserves more pension equality and improvements than those (enhanced) benefits listed with this TA.
Yes, my eight years part-time kind of screws me. 🤷‍♂️

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yes, my eight years part-time kind of screws me. 🤷‍♂️

I have another concern about those service pension levels listed with this TA.

Are those (age enhancements…over age 55) included with our previous part time service. Or are they only applied to our full time service under the IBT/UPS..?