If you were President how would you

tieguy

Banned
Just an update tie.
Reagens century ended in 2001.
We are now in a new century.
So, please post a link who was the greatest in the 20th century.

Can't blame you, all that out of space travelling to Oblivion , got you time warped ! ???? ;)

I don't recall giving you permission to speak. If I should need someone to litter this board with stupidity I promise you will be the first person called.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't recall giving you permission to speak. If I should need someone to litter this board with stupidity I promise you will be the first person called.

Tie, you don't even realize you are still paying for Reagenomics.
Sooner or later it will hit Fox News, what brought the USA to where it is today.
Even Obama can't correct Reagans problem yet.
There are trillions on Wall Street, yet unaccounted for.
All from Reagans deregulation.

It's untouchable to regulate it now, or the US will fall even further.

I watched a darn good documentary , just the other day about it.
It's really scary.
1 big Las Vegas on Wall Street.

Honest, so scary, I wanna pull out myself, before the big bang hits.
No wonder gold is going up like crazy.

Do your homework Tie.
It's a very unsecure market out there, that can fall anyday.
With no watchdog, thanks to Ronnie.

tieguy

Banned
Sooner or later it will hit Fox News, what brought the USA to where it is today.
Even Obama can't correct Reagans problem yet.
There are trillions on Wall Street, yet unaccounted for.
All from Reagans deregulation.

It's untouchable to regulate it now, or the US will fall even further.

I watched a darn good documentary , just the other day about it.
It's really scary.
1 big Las Vegas on Wall Street.

Honest, so scary, I wanna pull out myself, before the big bang hits.
No wonder gold is going up like crazy.

Do your homework Tie.

Thanks but I already know what kind of stupidity you can generate. I'll call you when I'm ready for it. Until then mums the word.

diesel96

Originally Posted by diesel96
Then I grew up, witnessed and experienced

Kind of like what people are now doing with Obama :wink2:.

That's the problem with impatient Americans, expecting a quick fix of our economic super recession (the worst since the great depression) within the first ten months of the new President's term, while dealing with the obstructionist party refusing to participate in bi-partisan politics:peaceful:

I love reading this fairy tale of yours but as a member of this middle class I was grateful Ronnie fixed the economy so I could afford to buy a house back then. I was grateful Ronnie lowered my taxes so I had more money in my pocket to meet my needs. The rage against the middle class argument is the biggest and most outrageous argument you liberals try to make. if this is your truly your opinion then you need to go back to wet ears and think about paying your mortgage with twenty percent interest rates which was what your boy Carter wrought on this country. You liberals keep harping in philosophical terminology and you wont directly talk about what Carters twenty percent interest rates did to the middle class.

High interest rates were the cost of curing inflation. Jimmy Carter appointed Paul Volker to head the Fed Reserve. Volker understood that inflation was a result of monetary policy that previously focused on keeping the interest rates low by constantly increasing the money supply. The period of high interest rates was absolutely necessary to wring inflation out of the economy. It worked... Give Reagan a wee bit of credit for understanding this, thus re-appointed Volker during his presidency. Carter showed leadership having to follow Volker's recomendation. He did the right thing for the country in this area, but suffered and was blamed for it. The medicine was painful for those living through this period but just to reiterate, history for those willing to look at it objectively, proved him correct...

John (Marion) Wayne was a true patriot also, and was on America's side. To bad the closet chickenhawk chose "Hollywood" instead of the military during a time of war....

I see no reason to badmouth John Wayne. Perhaps you could have just badmouthed patriots in general and left John alone since he is not here to defend himself.

Then John Wayne should have kept his mouth shut when he was alive, and not badger patriots speaking out against wars and foriegn intervention....conservatives love to use John and Ron as these majestic Marlboro Men riding into town on white horses to save the day.

Dude I can't help you. I know you have a woodie for Reagan and probably a serious hate trip for any and all conservatives. I will agree with you that if you dig around in Ronnies dumpster you might find something he was not perfect at. I'm not nominating Ronnie for Gods job. I'm just telling you that he was second to none as a president.

At this point you have finally admitted that there were economic gains made. Kind of like calling in Iceburg an ice cube. But it works. Directly address his many accomplishments if you have any integrity or don't waste my time.

In "today's world, Reagan might not even be Republican enough to get the nomination in 2012. He rasied taxes, he raised the debt, and made friends with the Russians.

Speaking of Russia ?
Tie, when you write something like this, at least put a wink or a smiley face, or we might take you as serious....lol

tieguy

Banned
Originally Posted by diesel96
Then I grew up, witnessed and experienced

That's the problem with impatient Americans, expecting a quick fix of our economic super recession (the worst since the great depression) within the first ten months of the new President's term, while dealing with the obstructionist party refusing to participate in bi-partisan politics:peaceful:

High interest rates were the cost of curing inflation. Jimmy Carter appointed Paul Volker to head the Fed Reserve. Volker understood that inflation was a result of monetary policy that previously focused on keeping the interest rates low by constantly increasing the money supply. The period of high interest rates was absolutely necessary to wring inflation out of the economy. It worked... Give Reagan a wee bit of credit for understanding this, thus re-appointed Volker during his presidency. Carter showed leadership having to follow Volker's recomendation. He did the right thing for the country in this area, but suffered and was blamed for it. The medicine was painful for those living through this period but just to reiterate, history for those willing to look at it objectively, proved him correct...

Then John Wayne should have kept his mouth shut when he was alive, and not badger patriots speaking out against wars and foriegn intervention....conservatives love to use John and Ron as these majestic Marlboro Men riding into town on white horses to save the day.

In "today's world, Reagan might not even be Republican enough to get the nomination in 2012. He rasied taxes, he raised the debt, and made friends with the Russians.

Speaking of Russia ?
Tie, when you write something like this, at least put a wink or a smiley face, or we might take you as serious....lol

What if I was not smiling at the time?

over9five

Staff member
For 444 days, Iranian terrorists LAUGHED at Jimmy Carter. But damn, didn't they get rid of those hostages fast when President Reagan took office.

Wish we had a President now who could strike such fear into terrorists.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Yeah.

You are right.
I graduated from HS just as Reaganomics hit.
Damn.
I curse Ronny every month when I have to write that GDamn check for my student loan.

Freaking old man...he cut all the free money for college. My daddy made too much money for me to get a Pell Grant. Damn Union Factory job!!

All that free money that I could have had for college.

No. I had to work and attend college.

I had to earn it.
I have to still earn it.

You can't get rid of these loans - even if you file Chapter 13 and make it go away.

*****, the only way I can get that damn monkey off my back is to file for Social Security Disability. I don't need it, right now that is...but, damn...I have earned it. I am sure I could figure out how to screw the system and get what the system owes me.

Yeah...he was something.
I should never have voted for him.

Damn Straight.

I write that check.
I earned my degree and every month I appreciate the journey I traveled to have the honor of Self Responsibility.

President Reagan gave me the gift of learning Self Responsibilty.
Everyone walks away with what they choose...
My experience is different from your experience.
Don't paint my experience with what you think my experience should have been growing up with Mr. Reagan in the White House.

President Reagan is my President.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
For 444 days, Iranian terrorists LAUGHED at Jimmy Carter. But damn, didn't they get rid of those hostages fast when President Reagan took office.

Wish we had a President now who could strike such fear into terrorists.

There is a little more to that story then just the hostage crisis.

The soviets identified the weakness in iran and the weakness of the carter administration and seriously considered invading iran to gain the warm water port they had craved.

I was in the army then and we were briefed on plans to drop the 82nd airborne into a mountain range to fight a delaying action against the soviets while the navy tried to land heavy armor from the south. A delaying action against heavy soviet armor was not a pleasant thought at the time. Once this skirmish broke out its hard to say how far it could have gone.

Its this type of weakness in our foriegn policy as exhibited by Carter that could have gotten us into world war three.

All thought of any such silliness dissapeared when Reagan took office.

Jack Anderson washinton post columnist did a nice series of articles on this threat about six months after we were briefed.

For some reason that I can't understand people have quickly forgotten the soviet threat.

klein

Yeah.

You are right.
I graduated from HS just as Reaganomics hit.
Damn.
I curse Ronny every month when I have to write that GDamn check for my student loan.

Freaking old man...he cut all the free money for college. My daddy made too much money for me to get a Pell Grant. Damn Union Factory job!!

All that free money that I could have had for college.

No. I had to work and attend college.

I had to earn it.
I have to still earn it.

You can't get rid of these loans - even if you file Chapter 13 and make it go away.

*****, the only way I can get that damn monkey off my back is to file for Social Security Disability. I don't need it, right now that is...but, damn...I have earned it. I am sure I could figure out how to screw the system and get what the system owes me.

Yeah...he was something.
I should never have voted for him.

Damn Straight.

I write that check.
I earned my degree and every month I appreciate the journey I traveled to have the honor of Self Responsibility.

President Reagan gave me the gift of learning Self Responsibilty.
Everyone walks away with what they choose...
My experience is different from your experience.
Don't paint my experience with what you think my experience should have been growing up with Mr. Reagan in the White House.

President Reagan is my President.:happy-very:

Wow... didn't know you ever had free college. We sure never did or have.
Students loans, just like everywhere else.
Or a rich daddy/parent that pays for it.
We don't even have those sport sponsorships, like in the US.
Nothing here at all.

We also implemented that same law, filing bankruptcy, won't get rid of student loans.
Why ? It was over abused.

I just talked to my aunt in Florida today.
One of my neices is in cheerleading. She will get sponsered thru college thru that.
Ofcourse, that's not possible here, and I didn't mention that to her.
But, atleast you have some options, which we don't have at all.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Wish we had a President now who could strike such fear into terrorists.[/QUOTE]

9five,

once again, you and I are on different planets. You posted two great quotes and for the 1 billionth time, you are WRONG on both counts.

Still, I love it. Like a foot smashing a smoldering cigarette.

Lets deal with the best GEM of the two:

1) "But damn, didn't they get rid of those hostages fast when President Reagan took office"

This one is the typical statement someone without any clue makes. While it sounds great on the surface, it is NOT TRUE.

Maybe you never heard of the "arms for hostages" scandal? You know the one where before Reagan took office, The CIA, CHENEY, and those who would make up Reagans cabinet AGREED to provide arms to IRAN (despite an embargo preventing this) in return for the release of the hostages.

Yes, after he was elected the crisis was over, but at what cost to America?

We armed the very people we acuse now of being terrorists? How is that working out for us now?

With the help of that other republican slimebag ( JAMES A. BAKER III) Reagan was able to secure secret negoitations with the Iranians prior to the election.

Baker, who is an attorney for the richest arabs in the middle east, and connections throughout the muslim world, not to mention holds positions of power in several middle eastern countries, helped to set up the hostage release by getting REAGAN to secretly arm terror groups in the middle east.

""Baker has formal involvement with the country of Azerbaijan as he serves on the Honorary Council of Advisers for the U.S. Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce.[22][23]
Until 2005 he was senior counsel to the Carlyle Group and is currently a senior partner at the law firm of Baker Botts."""

DO YOUR RESEARCH 9five...

People who think they know about REAGAN only look foolish to those that know the truth. The right wing boasts about Reagans accomplishments, yet they leave out the FACTS..

Take TIEGUY, he wouldnt know a FACT about Reagan if it bit him in the leg.

Lets deal with your second GEM:

2) "Wish we had a President now who could strike such fear into terrorists."

This one I have to admit, made me laugh so hard, I almost cried. Reagan made Terrorists fear us??

Who were the terrorists in the 80's??? The mujahidin? The Taliban? The Contras? The Sandinistas? The Iraqi's?? The Iranians?

Oh wait, REAGAN armed all these terror groups during his administration.

IN fact, he created most of them. In Iraq, Reagan, Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld supplied the very gas that killed over 150 iranians and some of Saddams own people.

Reagan was NOT feared by anyone.

When Reagan decided to go into Beirut, against the best advice of the time, we lost over 200 marines in a terrorist act.

I guess you call that fear.?

I got to hand it to you, you never fail to make yourself look silly in current events.

Nonetheless, wrong again my young friend. I have no respect for Reagan, the Reagan experience was a disaster for america and to cite his success only shows peoples lack of understanding of how a country functions.

:peaceful:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Wow... didn't know you ever had free college. We sure never did or have.
Students loans, just like everywhere else.
Or a rich daddy/parent that pays for it.
We don't even have those sport sponsorships, like in the US.
Nothing here at all.
Not Free College.
Use your google and look up Pell Grants.

tieguy

Banned
No need to call anyone, you are doing a fine job yourself.

In light of Kleins rampant dishonesty in other areas I guess the question needs to be asked here.

We have a brand new poster who magically shows up and jumps into a hot debate between myself and Klein.

This genre looks faintly familar. :happy-very:

klein

In light of Kleins rampant dishonesty in other areas I guess the question needs to be asked here.

We have a brand new poster who magically shows up and jumps into a hot debate between myself and Klein.

This genre looks faintly familar. :happy-very:

Good, someone will start a new thread, now...:happy-very:
And , Tie, I'm better then you. I have never been dishonest !

tieguy

Banned
Good, someone will start a new thread, now...:happy-very:
And , Tie, I'm better then you. I have never been [-]dis[/-]honest !

You would think you would pay me some of those millions for fixing your typo's.

Your phrasing is interesting. In america we don't generally go around telling people that we are better then them. Another facet of the smug arrogance you display here.

klein

Your phrasing is interesting. In america we don't generally go around telling people that we are better then them. Another facet of the smug arrogance you display here.

Sorry, but almost every American feels patriotic.
I guess , you don't tie.

But, it is well known worldwide how patriotic americans are.
(thats not saying it in a bad way - people should show pride where they live - I do the same here ).

Go back to mother earth, time for you to do another visit to down here.

tieguy

Banned
Sorry, but almost every American feels patriotic.
I guess , you don't tie.

But, it is well known worldwide how patriotic americans are.
(thats not saying it in a bad way - people should show pride where they live - I do the same here ).

Go back to mother earth, time for you to do another visit to down here.

That was a bizarre post that had nothing to do with the quote you used.
Since you brought it up I showed my patriotism by serving my country in the army.
Did you join the military Klein?
Let me guess you probably retired from your army as a general along with everything else.
And don't forget to canoogle some internet reference that tells us all why the canadian army is better then the US army.

bekbek1

Ashley Devine
It's the way we have organized to get things done in the public and private sectors is undergoing the most profound shift since the Industrial Revolution. All people alike feel a disquiet, bordering on despair that goes far beyond the gloomy economic statistics. Since we are continuing to print money to pay for goods and services, a government budget deficit leads to an expansion of the monetary base. By simply reducing the growth rate of the money supply to lower levels, inflation can be prevented. We need to understand the underlying reasons are the adherence of policymakers to a high employment target and the presence of persistent government budget deficits. Bank regulation in America has been highly successful in protecting depositors, but it is a mixed blessing--encouraging excessive risk taking by banks, thus numerous bank failures. There is no doubt that economists and planners don't much like bawdy capitalists. Think small think flexible, think efficient. Size is no longer an intrinsic asset in competing in an global economy. President Obama has the politician's great gift of being able to persuade masses of people that his policies are not only possible ones, but simple common sense that only a fool couldn't accept. His arrogance might be one of his strenghts, but it will finally become his weakness. Not comprehending the essential role arrogance plays in creation and renewal is as dangerous as underestimating its dysfunctional side effects.