If you win at Abritration Do you also get paid for the Cobra premiums?

jenltuli

If I win at abritration which I understand takes awhile, will I also be reimbursed the nearly $1000.00 per month that I have to pay in Cobra premiums in order to keep my benefits?

705red

Browncafe Steward
If I win at abritration which I understand takes awhile, will I also be reimbursed the nearly $1000.00 per month that I have to pay in Cobra premiums in order to keep my benefits?
If you win your job, and win all lost benefits you should be reimbursed for those benefits!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Red (or any other steward/BA), how long does the average arbitration take??? Just curious. -Rocky

paidslave

Jenituli, i am in similar situation and was curious about length of time for arbritration. I know some one that took 18 months....ouch! Been 5 months now for me...How do you afford 1k a month with no income?

jenltuli

Had savings but it is bleeding fast, as I also have two kids and my wife is not working right now. She's had health stuff. My inlaws have said that they will help us with whatever we need whenever we need it.

Air Hub

Cobra only goes for 18 months.
I did not know it cost that much for cobra. Did you take dental and vision also or just the medical coverage? Do you have Blue cross blue sheild? Does it cost more bcoz of the kids or is it only two choices... single or family as far as the monthly costs go?

Thanks for the info, I would be interested in seeing what the real costs are for the diferent corba options.