If you won 500 million how would you....

Nimnim

The Nim
I probably wouldn't quit, but I certainly wouldn't show up if I didn't feel like it. Work is a great source of "something to do."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...by walking in, cleaning out my locker, shaking my PDS, on-car and center manager's hands, handing my preloader a crisp $1K bill and announcing to all of the drivers that drinks at the local American Legion hall would be on me that night....I would then head directly to my financial planners office so that together we could decide how best to handle my new-found fortune, with the emphasis on taking care of my children first...

jaker

trolling
It would take a while with me

I would call out sick , schedule a day off whenever I can and try to go home everyday and then figure how I could get on FMLA for as long as I can

Just then when things get really bad and after I have serve my 3 day suspension then I will quit

Nimnim

The Nim
It'd probably be easier to meet with your management and say, "I don't need the money, I just want something to do from time to time." Unless you're someone they don't like they'd probably work some special case out.

jaker

trolling
Rather than abuse a perk designed to allow employees assist a family member with medical issues, why not just take an extended leave of absence?
That's what I was thinking but saing FMLA was quicker and easier , but I will use both if I have to

And who said I didn't have family medical issues

Nolimitz

I worked w/ a guy that won like 5mil at a semi conductor company. salt of the earth type guy. had no intention of quitting his job. Management felt he was a distraction and requested he resign....

jaker

trolling
I worked w/ a guy that won like 5mil at a semi conductor company. salt of the earth type guy. had no intention of quitting his job. Management felt he was a distraction and requested he resign....
How he distract them by giving them hopes and dreams

H

htown0721

I would walk right in and at our busiest point of the the night say screw it, let my supervisor know about all those time he threw me under the bus and walk out. Then I would come back the next day, apologize and then do it over again just to prove how dumb they are.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wouldn't quit for at least six months. Well wouldn't even claim it for six months until I had a blind trust and all my financial ducks in a row. If I could get an article 22 job I might not even quit.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In order to keep your sanity please do the following..........
KEEP your mouth shut , tell no one that you won.
Never make anyone any promises .
Get a lawyer , great if you already have one.
Put the ticket in a secure location. { make copies of it to display later }
With the lawyer find a good financial planner firm to handle your funds .
Set up a blind trust , using a name for the trust that can never be connected back to you.
Wait until all this is set up , a few months at least , and have the lawyer claim the winnings .
Taxes will be due for the year of the drawing , not when the ticket is claimed .
Doing these things will allow you to sleep at night and avoid future lawsuits .
The last thing you need is your picture & your address posted on the news.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a local single gal win like 225 million from Powerball years ago when I was working. The very next day she recieved at least 100 NDA letters addressed to her apartment. The piles of NDA letters kept coming for weeks. According to her they were all from people and organization begging her for money. She quit her minimum wage job and built 2 million dollar + homes on the best chain of lakes in the area. One house was for her and the other was for her parents. She bought a top of the line Hummer and a bunch of toys and her own VIP booth at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. She still lives here in the summer but winters now at her place in Florida. And she is still single. She is one of the few success stories you read about with lottery winners.
If I won millions I would upgrade my toy collection- go on a world cruise or two- make sure my Daughter and her family are well taken care of and probably give some to "deserving" people who have fallen on hard times.