If you won 500 million how would you....

browniehound

I would not quit UPS because I like it here in the overall scheme of things. And no I'm not joking. I would look to go home everyday and use all my optional days until the next bid. At that point I would bid one of those 22.3 jobs that start at 430 AM with the ride to the airport/deliver EAMS, NDAs and then the 4 hours on the daysort or if there was a full-time air driver job I would take that. How much easier a job is there than air driving? In the entire country? That isn't boring and pays well?

Seriously, I need stability and structure in my life or I would go off the deep end. I could only play so many rounds of golf, carribean cruises and the sex, drugs, and rock n' roll thing before I would be 6 feet under. But that's just me. I'm sure most other people could travel the world for the rest of their lives as sober as a priest on sunday. I can't, LOL. I would have to work everyday even with $250,000,000 in the bank.

Its that or I would go back to school for the rest of my life accumulating degree after degree just for the challenge.

Yeah, I know I'm messed up!

UPS Lifer

In order to keep your sanity please do the following..........
KEEP your mouth shut , tell no one that you won.
Never make anyone any promises .
Get a lawyer , great if you already have one.
Put the ticket in a secure location. { make copies of it to display later }
With the lawyer find a good financial planner firm to handle your funds .
Set up a blind trust , using a name for the trust that can never be connected back to you.
Wait until all this is set up , a few months at least , and have the lawyer claim the winnings .
Taxes will be due for the year of the drawing , not when the ticket is claimed .
Doing these things will allow you to sleep at night and avoid future lawsuits .
The last thing you need is your picture & your address posted on the news.

Excellent Advice Baba!!

After taking BaBa's advice...

I would set up a charitable foundation to assist our military personnel transition back to society by creating job training programs and create a halfway house program for battered women and children. I would cherish the opportunity to do this. Next I would take care of my family...

texan

How would you "quit" family?

It seems those would be the ones that would dog you the most.

I thought about this for a few minutes, the famous fantasy.

If I were to "HIT" it, imagine handing 3 million to one of my two sons that are single and younger.

They would possibly loose their minds.

Imagine at age 27, single and dad handing you 3 million (just a figure)

Would you have performed the mature thing, or go crazy over the next few years?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I won't even buy a ticket but I'm sure it will be fun trying to get a signature at my Mini-Marts today.

Ended up buying a ticket. I was in line at the Kwik Trip buying the USA Today and the dollar slice of pizza at 5pm. I figure if I'm waiting for everyone in front of me to buy their tickets I might as well pull the trigger.

Cementups

Box Monkey
...by walking in, cleaning out my locker, shaking my PDS, on-car and center manager's hands, handing my preloader a crisp $1K bill and announcing to all of the drivers that drinks at the local American Legion hall would be on me that night....I would then head directly to my financial planners office so that together we could decide how best to handle my new-found fortune, with the emphasis on taking care of my children first...

You better hand him 2 $500 bills. They haven't made $1k bills since 1969.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I would chim in after the PCM and tell all hourly employees that there would be 1 million check for all who walked out and did not go back.[video=youtube;9Q_ZzUqehbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q_ZzUqehbc[/video]

working up a sweat

100 billion dollars pay the slugs for 1 month of " free" phones and cable TV on 50 inch screens to sit on a couch and watch these days. While we go push some cardboard and sweat.

working up a sweat

Getting home after working all day or night and watching my 19 inch panosonic 1990's TV and feeling happy to make the sacrifice in taxes for the "have nots" and "victims" who do not work.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I'm reminded of an old story...

A man spotted a priceless gem at a outdoor market and asked the old salesman its price. The salesman, seeing the man deeply desired the gem, told him he could have it...for free.

The man rushed off, now rich beyond his wildest dreams but a week later he returned with the gem to the salesman.

"Don't you want to be rich?", the salesman asked.
"No" the man replied.

"I want to know what enlightenment you possess that enabled you to give such riches away."

UPS Lifer

I'm reminded of an old story...

A man spotted a priceless gem at a outdoor market and asked the old salesman its price. The salesman, seeing the man deeply desired the gem, told him he could have it...for free.

The man rushed off, now rich beyond his wildest dreams but a week later he returned with the gem to the salesman.

"Don't you want to be rich?", the salesman asked.
"No" the man replied.

"I want to know what enlightenment you possess that enabled you to give such riches away."

The real appreciation and enlightenment of having loads of money comes when you do not have it anymore.

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn--- I guess I have to stick with the group of friends I have now. I was looking forward to becoming a rich snob.