Ignore list

30andout

Is it my imagination or is an ignore list like a little kid covering his ears because he doesn't like what he hears?:confused:1

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Is it my imagination or is an ignore list like a little kid covering his ears because he doesn't like what he hears?:confused:1
While you might not like what you hear, you may also have decided that the person saying it is an idiot and you don't want to waste your time reading their comments..............like many of mine!:lol:

spidey

UPSGirl and others like her waste my time. I use it in those cases. Differing opinions are fine, idiots are to be ignored.

browniehound

I only use ignore in rare cases. On the AOL NFL boards, there is a poster named MummyfromHell, who is a Steeler's fan. All he does is go to others teams boards and spews nonsense about how the steelers can do no wrong and every other team is garbage. Like if it wasn't for this or that the steelers would have been world champs the last 20 years in a row. i put people like that on ignore.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
OK, what is an "ignore list" and how do you apply it?
Helen,
The "ignore list" lets you block certain posters from showing up on your monitor. Just go on the poster's "Profile Page", and you will see a "add to buddy list" or "ignore list" and click on it. Personally, I don't use it, I just don't read posts from certain people. I don't know what the "buddy list" does, maybe someone can enlighten us on that?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

S

speeddemon

While you might not like what you hear, you may also have decided that the person saying it is an idiot and you don't want to waste your time reading their comments..............like many of mine!:lol:

ditto scratch.....