Ignored while trying to get sig.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Mostly we're talking about commercial stops here, and as such, there is DR at a commercial stop. I guess you can get the DIAD to do it, but never mind the big payroll package mentioned above, what about going back to resolve a claim with a company full of people who "never signed" for a package they "never saw".

Come on, lets use common sense here. I DR at commercial stops almost everyday, but only if I'm certain the package will be safe. Leaving an envelope on the secratary's chair if she's gone, or handing it to her and DR woman while she's on the phone or otherwise busy, seems to make perfect sense to me. I'm not talking about walking into an empty corridor and emptying my cart onto the floor and sheeting it as DR back door. If you sheet a pkg as NR1 just because the person who is supposed to sign for it is on the phone at the time just means that you will have to come back again later, which makes more work for yourself. Also, I'd be willing to bet that they would either call in a complaint or be in a foul mood when you returned. 99% of my customers just want their stuff at a reasonable time and don't care how they get it. Happy customers = no complaints, which means less management interferance, which inturn keeps me happy. Yes, I do deliver pkgs that I know are for payroll which I would never DR. Not once has DR at a commercial stop come back to bite me in the arse.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would never DR a pkg at business stop. The only time I would consider it is at a construction trailer.

They are building a new Kinney Drug store and all of their deliveries go to the job trailer. Most of the time there is somone there so I get an autograph but those times when no one is around it is DR Trailer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Are you saying that "Living the Dream" is BBAG?
You guessed it!

yes ma'am he sure is:surprised:
Ditto that!

HEY! Why did I get dragged into this?:knockedout:
:surprised:

If you don't like it you can always quit.
You first.

I never have problems getting people to sign, however, I have a new JoAnn fabrics that sometime doesn't answer the rear door. This is when i use NI1 and bring it back tomorrow. If I ever went somewhere and was made to wait, I'd sheet the pkg, (NDA only) as I'd wait for a ground sig, NR1 and come back later. If you do it this way, not only do you get an extra stop, but you get more miles, ta boot.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I've been out of Package for a while, but I hadn't heard we can now DR businesses.

Yes, we can in fact DR at businesses that sign delivery notices for this purpose. When you use SDN as delivery option the diad gives you a "commercial" or "residential" stop complete qualifier that I believe is used to keep billing straight so the shipper won't get back charged for a resi charge which would otherwise be generated for a non SDN DR. I use these all over my town when folks are not around, like in const. trailers for instance. You leave a stack, they sign them, you scan one and turn it in PM. For most non sig req. dels. it works awesome.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would never DR a pkg at business stop. The only time I would consider it is at a construction trailer.
We are told we can't DR commercial (with one exception, Shipper releases). And a construction trailer is the last place I would ever DR a pkg. To many people in and out. :peaceful:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Wow! Good Thread.
I will say though one day I was at a customer. Doors were closed, bell on the side. I rang while looking through the glass to see that they were milling around inside. So after the bell rang, and the D-bag inside didn't come to the door, I rang again. Then the phone rang. He went for the phone! Don't cha know I started going off! Not one of my best moments but the friend bomb was dropping left and right. I was pi88ed! While in my little tirade, this guy comes up on a bike and asks my why I was going off on the guys inside with the doors closed. I told him that they were not answering the door when I was there before the phone rang. Turns out that when they did answer, this guy on the bike chewed them a new A88hole, as he was their boss. I haven't had a problem since.