im not understanding the progression raises...

The Range

In too deep
The consensus was under the old progression a 3rd year employee would have been at $12.00 (skilled). They would not get the bump up to 13.00 automatically. They would get a .70 cent raise bringing them to $12.70, then would get bumped up to 13.00, catching them up to the minimum. The new progression is for new employees and old employees only get the new wage if they are behind. Not the new wage (13.00) AND .70 cents.

Every employee I've spoken with whom was currently in progression did not get bumped up to the new progression rates in addition to a .70 cent raise. They remained under old progression and received a .70 raise which put them at a number less than the new progression schedule. As such they were bumped up to the newer (and higher) rate. So a skilled employee with 3 years in should be at $13.00 and not $13.70.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just noticed something. I had an increase in my union dues deduction amount, but no increase in hourly rate since contract has been ratified. Will be calling the BA tomorrow.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just noticed something. I had an increase in my union dues deduction amount, but no increase in hourly rate since contract has been ratified. Will be calling the BA tomorrow.
Did every local's union dues increase under the new contract? I paid $7 bucks more this month than last...

Quigley

Seniority plus one (1) year $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus two (2) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus three (3) years $13.00 $12.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $13.50 $12.50

Is the new progression.

Quiqley, you are claiming part-timers should be getting their progression raises as well as a .70 cent raise (while in progression), putting a 3rd year employee at $13.70 and a 4th year employee at $14.20 (assuming skilled positions). The part-timers I have spoken to only received the bump up to the new progression rates, not an additional .70 cents.
I need to make a correction. If you were in progression on Aug 1 2013 you get the .70. Example a 3 year skilled worker is at $12, Aug 1 he gets the .70 = $12.70, However since he cant make any less then the new rate of $13.00 he gets bumped up to $13 retroactive back to Aug 1.