Immigration

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Orange County is ready to clear out the Santa Ana riverbed homeless encampment. But where – and exactly when – will they go?

Posted signs at the Santa Ana River Trail warn that the end is imminent. Six shipping containers have been placed strategically, ready to store tons of personal belongings once the mass exodus begins.

And police and outreach workers have increased their foot patrols in recent weeks, urging many of the nearly 500 inhabitants of Orange County’s largest homeless encampment that it’s time for them to leave.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Orange County is ready to clear out the Santa Ana riverbed homeless encampment. But where – and exactly when – will they go?

Posted signs at the Santa Ana River Trail warn that the end is imminent. Six shipping containers have been placed strategically, ready to store tons of personal belongings once the mass exodus begins.

And police and outreach workers have increased their foot patrols in recent weeks, urging many of the nearly 500 inhabitants of Orange County’s largest homeless encampment that it’s time for them to leave.
I don’t understand why the able bodied homeless people don’t just move to a cheaper area and get a job or two or three...

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Post reported. ..off topic. What does homelessness have to do with immigration. ...troll

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I don’t understand why the able bodied homeless people don’t just move to a cheaper area and get a job or two or three...

It is a complex issue. We go to Duck's hockey games by train which drops us off right across from part of the riverbed encampment. The train station is new, modern and clean and the homeless are not there but right over along the Santa Ana riverbed next door.

The reports we've heard are that a majority of these homeless people have been released from jail. Many have mental issues and of course drugs. Many decline going to a shelter because they would not have the "freedom" of their lifestyle that involves drugs. There are those that need help and those who don't want it and it continues to be a complicated problem.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It is a complex issue. We go to Duck's hockey games by train which drops us off right across from part of the riverbed encampment. The train station is new, modern and clean and the homeless are not there but right over along the Santa Ana riverbed next door.

The reports we've heard are that a majority of these homeless people have been released from jail. Many have mental issues and of course drugs. Many decline going to a shelter because they would not have the "freedom" of their lifestyle that involves drugs. There are those that need help and those who don't want it and it continues to be a complicated problem.
So because they have drug problems and don’t want help, the rest of society should have to see that blight? Clean them out! Lol.

newfie

when I was on vacation there last year I found all those hippies I thought had disappeared into the woodwork in the 70's.
old guys with long hair living out of their microbuses , showering in the public bathhouses , some still surfing , selling their home made jewelry in the weekly farmers markets.
I think the key to living in California may be living that life and taking advantage of all the help California provides those who have no homes or permanent roots.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I don’t understand why the able bodied homeless people don’t just move to a cheaper area and get a job or two or three..."(operational)

Moderate, year-round weather has a lot to do with it.

floridays

"I don’t understand why the able bodied homeless people don’t just move to a cheaper area and get a job or two or three..."(operational)

Moderate, year-round weather has a lot to do with it.
That's one reason places with this weather tend to be vacation destinations, maybe they could build a life elsewhere and return for vacation. Sarcasm intended. Florida attracts a lot of the same, your's are just bolder.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's one reason places with this weather tend to be vacation destinations, maybe they could build a life elsewhere and return for vacation. Sarcasm intended. Florida attracts a lot of the same, your's are just bolder.
You ought to see the ones on the beaches in Hawaii......stay off of THEIR property!!!