Important question: would you ship your package using UPS?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
When I was still PT my other job was at a small business that used UPS. I used their account all the time if I needed to ship stuff and never had a problem. It was also way cheaper than the customer counter. Was always surprised that as a UPS employee we didn’t get better rates to ship stuff.
If you need to ship something, use a company like Shippo or PirateShip. They get huge discounts from UPS and USPS and you will pay less than The UPS Store or Customer Center. Print your label and drop it off yourself and save.
I know we get a discount at the UPS store since I shipped a package once before. I think it’s like 10%, but I rarely ship things.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS delivered a package to me (the driver claimed) at 3:05 on a Saturday. My security cameras say otherwise. What happened to it? Did the driver steal it? One thing for sure, it never made it to my porch. My daughter sent me a package from 250 miles away. It never got here. During peak, a driver misdelivered 2 packages meant for me about 10 houses down on my street. Neighbor didn't know me. He took it to a UPS store to be RTS'd. One of the shippers refused to do business with me after that, since it claimed I "refused" their package. I use USPS now. on the average, it's 1-2 days slower, but it gets there. They have never lost one of my packages.
You must not tip? Stuff never gets lost of those that do.

Trucker Clock

I have a free online account at UPS.com.

Print the label on my printer and drop it off when I go to work. The USPS may be a little cheaper for smaller packages, but you can’t beat the convenience of just throwing it on the belt when I get to work.

over9five

Staff member

Print the label on my printer and drop it off when I go to work. The USPS may be a little cheaper for smaller packages, but you can’t beat the convenience of just throwing it on the belt when I get to work.
^^^This is how I ship too.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I have and I will. I’ve never had an issue, not saying there aren’t issues, with getting stuff UPS has shipped. Last Christmas I got the wife 3 high end items from 3 different stores. 2 shipped UPS, 1 shipped FedEx. The two that came UPS got there a day earlier than scheduled, the FedEx item came 2 weeks late.

If my wife orders something that arrives FedEx, she gets the stink eye. No words have to be exchanged, she knows what she did. 😠

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Can’t do that at my hub. They won’t let you through the guard shack, neither in or out, with a package. Can’t say I blame them though. You don’t want people to be able to just put any package they want in the system. That’s a catastrophe waiting to happen.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS delivered a package to me (the driver claimed) at 3:05 on a Saturday. My security cameras say otherwise. What happened to it? Did the driver steal it? One thing for sure, it never made it to my porch. My daughter sent me a package from 250 miles away. It never got here. During peak, a driver misdelivered 2 packages meant for me about 10 houses down on my street. Neighbor didn't know me. He took it to a UPS store to be RTS'd. One of the shippers refused to do business with me after that, since it claimed I "refused" their package. I use USPS now. on the average, it's 1-2 days slower, but it gets there. They have never lost one of my packages.
Must be those slacker Texas drivers…..🤣

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Can’t do that at my hub. They won’t let you through the guard shack, neither in or out, with a package. Can’t say I blame them though. You don’t want people to be able to just put any package they want in the system. That’s a catastrophe waiting to happen.
I mean, that is literally what we do. pickup random boxes and take them inside the building.

people pick up their packages all the time by filling out a little hall pass before leaving.

GenericUsername

The Company has recently decided to get rid of its Customer Counters, and the Union positions associated with them. They been chasing our customers to these UPS Stores and outlets for over ten years now. I ship UPS if I could, they did lose a package and tried to file a claim once. Their new claims department is outsourced, I gave up trying to go through their menu, my time and mental health was simply not worth the value of the package.
We haven't had a bid customer counter position in our building for 3 years until the past month. It's been rebid and now we have one of my favorite preloaders staffing the counter in the morning.

GenericUsername

I used to deliver a route that had another driver's house on it. His wife was terrible at ordering things and having him return them at work. I just dropped off a tote at his house and he'd let me know when to come by and replace it and pick up the other stuff.

qdg2

I would ship UPS if a customer counter was nearby. Closest one is 45 miles. There is a nearby business that is a UPS shipper. A car repair place. Went there once and they didn't seem terribly interested in my business......

I generally go to the USPS and ship stuff. Just a lot easier all around. They are open Sat. Never much of a line and generally cheaper.

I get a lot of vintage motorcycle parts through USPS and UPS. A lot of the ones shipped UPS come in some pretty beat up boxes. USPS generally better condition. Seems anything irregular or heavier always seems to be UPS though.

I will say, if I know it's coming UPS.....I tell the shipper to double wrap....wrap......wrap. Wooden bottoms for any metal parts etc.

I'd split damages blame on UPS rough handling and poor shipper packaging.

I shipped a motorcycle shock for repair and when I checked in with the shop they commented on how well the shock was packed.....so much so that they reused the box as is. MOF the best box they had ever seen. I leave nothing to chance.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You must not tip? Stuff never gets lost of those that do.
I never have the same driver twice. All peach fuzz kids. You never saw a pic of my peak delivery reward table? I take care of people that deliver to the house.

Attachments

• IMG_4758 (1).jpg
    IMG_4758 (1).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 25

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I would ship UPS if a customer counter was nearby. Closest one is 45 miles. There is a nearby business that is a UPS shipper. A car repair place. Went there once and they didn't seem terribly interested in my business......

I generally go to the USPS and ship stuff. Just a lot easier all around. They are open Sat. Never much of a line and generally cheaper.

I get a lot of vintage motorcycle parts through USPS and UPS. A lot of the ones shipped UPS come in some pretty beat up boxes. USPS generally better condition. Seems anything irregular or heavier always seems to be UPS though.

I will say, if I know it's coming UPS.....I tell the shipper to double wrap....wrap......wrap. Wooden bottoms for any metal parts etc.

I'd split damages blame on UPS rough handling and poor shipper packaging.

I shipped a motorcycle shock for repair and when I checked in with the shop they commented on how well the shock was packed.....so much so that they reused the box as is. MOF the best box they had ever seen. I leave nothing to chance.
I always packed anything I shipped very thoroughly. Tape over address, additional address in the box.

DriverNerd

My dad gives me things to ship to him practically every time he visits. I pack everything really well. He says everything gets there on time looking perfect every single time. A decent box, plenty of packing material and lots of tape.

If you're not a frequent shipper choose a phrase you can remember as your reference. Much easier to find the shipment on the go.

SBNYCMS

I do use ups for most of my package shipments. Fed ex is a bit close to my apt but I only use them when I have great rewards from my credit cards for them.

Zowert

Had to NDA a handgun. No problems
I bet you paid a pretty penny for that. I restore wood stocks on rifles and shotguns, people usually ship them to me via ground. Then some of them will complain because it takes too long to get their firearm back. I have only had a handful of people use NDA or 2DA to ship their precious rifle to me. I can’t believe how cheap some gun collectors are. I’m talking about some wealthy people from Connecticut and Washington State that I had the displeasure of dealing with.