In a struggle over compensation, UPS finally delivers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
In a struggle over compensation, UPS finally delivers - Star Telegram

Before Donald Pruett left for Iraq, the 21-year-old soldier from Burleson bought his grandmother a beautiful globe with a golden eagle on top. It was tribute to the woman who helped raise him.

DS

Fenderbender
If I was her I`d rather have the globe with wings...
some things are irreplaceable,irreplaceable things
should never be sent ups.

rod

Retired 22 years
If it was like most of the stuff I saw being shipped from the PX it was broke before UPS got ahold of it. Lucky there was anything in the box to begin with. I once bought a movie camera at a PX and they had to open at least 4 or 5 boxes to find one with a camera even in it.

hoser

Industrial Slob
slow news day.

i wonder what the (lack of a) report would come off as if this wasn't a 'troop going to iraq' sending something patriotic.

local804

Some of the claims UPS denies are CLEARLY our fault. Wet from leaky trailers or stepped on from the unload, they should never be denied when we are at fault. I know alot of people pack like crap but we all see what goes on.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Some of the claims UPS denies are CLEARLY our fault. Wet from leaky trailers or stepped on from the unload, they should never be denied when we are at fault. I know alot of people pack like crap but we all see what goes on.
packages should be packaged well enough to survive bashing. i should be able to drop a box from 5ft to the ground and nothing should break. that's just standard.

packages should be packaged well enough to survive bashing. i should be able to drop a box from 5ft to the ground and nothing should break. that's just standard.

I thought 6ft was the standard...I've been doing the 6ft drop test all this time...I've been causing all those damages....SORRY:lol:

Channahon

Good point about the wet trailers. Never worked in feeders, who is responsible to ensure all empty trailer doors are closed?

Use to make me crazy when driving past a hub and the back doors were wide open. Just waiting for rain, sleet or snow. I couldn't even get a straight answer from feeder management. Some said the hub, some said the shifters?