In Transit-Rescheduled?

wygit

Tracking report differences?

Amazon tracking has:
Shipment Date: January 19, 2010
Destination: SACRAMENTO, CA, US
Estimated Arrival: January 21, 2010
Tracking Info:
January 19, 2010 02:19:03 AM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

UPS tracking has:
In Transit - Rescheduled
Rescheduled Delivery Date: 01/25/2010
Shipped To: SACRAMENTO, CA, US
Shipped/Billed On: 01/19/2010
Type: Package
Service: 2ND DAY AIR
Tracking info:
US 01/19/2010 2:19 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

hmmmm... I wonder whom I should believe?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I assume that you work for UPS. Bring the tracking number to work with you and ask one of your managers to run it through what is called ETT. This gives a much more detailed tracking of your package and should explain the delay.

Please keep in mind that billing information received means that the package has been processed by the shipper but has not yet been picked up by or handed to a UPS driver. This usually happens on the same day but there are times when it can take a day or two for the shipper to get the pkg to us. Also keep in mind that your package will not show movement on a weekend.

My first thought when I saw that the pkg was going to Sacramento was perhaps that area has been impacted by the storms and service has been delayed.

UPSGUY72

From the limited info you have giving us we can't even tell if the package was picked up yet. The billing information is sent electronically. I with Upstate on the weather might have somethin to do with it.

wygit

No, I don't work for UPS... I just found the site by googling "UPS In Transit-Rescheduled"

I just thought it was weird that the tracking info, from the Amazon site, (which I always thought they got from UPS) said

January 19, 2010 02:19:03 AM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

but on the UPS site, it said:

and believe me, you have all the info that I have except for the tracking number.
I have no idea where the package is coming from until the tracking info tell me.

UPSGUY72

No, I don't work for UPS... I just found the site by googling "UPS In Transit-Rescheduled"

I just thought it was weird that the tracking info, from the Amazon site, (which I always thought they got from UPS) said

but on the UPS site, it said:

and believe me, you have all the info that I have except for the tracking number.
I have no idea where the package is coming from until the tracking info tell me.

It's the other way around UPS get its information from Amazon.com. At the end of each day Amazon.com sends UPS what we call end of day. Which is just data on what they are sending out that doesn't mean it got sent out. The time for delivery of the package doesn't start untill UPS takes possession of it. If you don't see that the package got scanned at a location it more than likely hasn't been picked up.