Insider selling

sendagain

It looks like Eskew and Casey just decided to sell some of their shares. They just keep finding a way to put a headwind on the stock.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With them both being retired (or soon to be), the wives probably just wanted a vacation home and new car......OR.....they were told to reduce their debt by their accountants......sell some stock, pay off mortgages and bills.

This is not an unusual occurence. and the number of shares is NOT astronomical........so don't read anything suspicious into their actions.

Any stock dropping in price today will be because of oil approaching $100 a barrel !!

local804

I would imagine thier wives have thier vacation houses and thier new cars a very very long time ago. As for selling 40% of his UPS portfolio, it should make you wonder. 3.7 million smakeroos for a new car? lol

W

westsideworma

With them both being retired (or soon to be), the wives probably just wanted a vacation home and new car......OR.....they were told to reduce their debt by their accountants......sell some stock, pay off mortgages and bills.

This is not an unusual occurence. and the number of shares is NOT astronomical........so don't read anything suspicious into their actions.

Any stock dropping in price today will be because of oil approaching $100 a barrel !!

yeah what is the reason this time (oil)? It was 2.51 here 2 weeks ago, now its 2.89 lol. Gotta love that, gouging if I ever saw it.

Sammie

They should read up on what happened to Martha Stewart!!!:sad:

"This is not an unusual occurence. and the number of shares is NOT astronomical........so don't read anything suspicious into their actions."

Moreluck, I read that James Kelly sold 50,000 Class B shares for about $3.7 million.

(Martha only sold 4000 shares...)

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
So your point is.....?

Anyone who sells more than 100....3000.....10000 shares is guilty of insider trading??

People sell their stock all the time to live off of....or vacation on.....or invest with.

When the financial advisor tells you to diversify, the first step is selling stock and then re-investing in many places instead of just one place.

Granted, it's a big chunk and he'll pay plenty come tax time, but my common sense points towards diversification of his portfolio. You gotta sell first!!

local804

There is nothing wrong with an ex CEO and the director of a company selling millions of stock during a contract year (happens every other day). But in all honesty, do you really think a financial advisor, at this time in his life told him to diversify or he needs money to live off of or go on vacation? thanks for the laugh

moreluck

golden ticket member
The day you contact a financial advisor and you tell him you have 4 or 5 million and it's all in UPS stock, the first words out of his mouth is......sell a good portion of it to diversify and pay down debt.

How many times I've heard on this site...."don't put all you eggs in one basket"???? They are just being sensible and following good advice.

I don't understand why somebody else's $$$ and what they do with it is of concern to you.

I just don't get it.
:crying:

terrymac

The way I understand it , this is getting ready for the MIP pay out . Some one smarter than I could explain this better?

Sammie

The day you contact a financial advisor and you tell him you have 4 or 5 million and it's all in UPS stock, the first words out of his mouth is......sell a good portion of it to diversify and pay down debt.

How many times I've heard on this site...."don't put all you eggs in one basket"???? They are just being sensible and following good advice.

I don't understand why somebody else's $$$ and what they do with it is of concern to you.

I just don't get it.

More,

You can bet that with the money these men have, 1/20th of it might be invested in UPS stock alone. And as for the rest of it, God only knows.

Some of us crude members here are just bustin' your chops...:closedeye

local804

I just don't get it.

My point is this figure is very far into his career and I am absolutely positive he had a financial advisor a very very long time ago. He is regulated and required by law to concern us what he does with his stocks hence the filing with the SEC. What a ex CEO and a member of the board does with the companies stock is not private like your portfolio and mine. Every shareowner has a right to see it.
Just curious, are you a retired manager?

local804

More,

You can bet that with the money these men have, 1/20th of it might be invested in UPS stock alone. And as for the rest of it, God only knows.

Some of us crude members here are just bustin' your chops...:closedeye

you bet your ass Sammie

sendagain

Sure they can sell whenever they want to, but selling just after you've declared you're leaving the company makes Wall Street nervous. It doesn't help when Kelly makes the same decision at the same time. It makes it look like they have no optimism about the future earnings of the company, so why should the rest of us who have been hoping for some returns on our investments?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just a bit of TRUE info.....

At certain mgmt. levels you are vigorously discouraged to never sell your UPS stock.............when you leave the company, that's the only time you CAN sell without getting looked down upon..

FYI local804.....I'm the wife of a 28yr UPS'er who left in 2000 at the div. mgr. level.

When you leave, retire, whatever, that's the only time you can finally enjoy the fruits of your labor which was "on paper only" money all those years.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Moreluck is right, the moment that any financial advisor sees that your investment portfolio is heavily weighted in one company they will gasp in disbelief, frown... and then strongly advise you to diversify.

If you're in management at UPS and ever mention you might be selling some of your UPS stock your boss will will gasp in disbelief, frown... and then strongly advise you not to diversify.

beentheredonethat

Moreluck is right, the moment that any financial advisor sees that your portfolio is heavily weighted in one company they will gasp in disbelief, frown... and then strongly advise you to diversify.

If you're in management at UPS and ever mention selling some of your UPS stock your boss will will gasp in disbelief, frown... and then strongly advise you not to diversify.

Cheryl,
That used to be 100% true, now it's only partially true. Before, selling was very difficult and you usually would have to sit down and t/w the dist mgr. Plus back then the growth rate of UPS was pretty good. Now even UPS says that (based on your level in management) determines what your targeted amount of money in UPS stock you should hold to get their additional incentive stock. What is unwritten, is that you don't have to hold more then the target. UPS realizes if they force people to keep UPS stock and the stock goes down, then they can be liable for lawsuits. Even with the stock market being down yesterday big time, my overall 401K Self Managed Account is up 50% so far for 2007. Compare that to UPS being flat this year, it's a no brainer. I've sold some for various reasons over the last few years and I've had nothing said to me.