Interview, please help!

TungFang

Hello Everyone,

I have a interview tomorrow morning with a supervisor here in California. The interview is for Pre/Unload I'm not sure yet. Could you please tell me what to expect and how to best prepare for this interview, like give me a mock interview or tell me what kind of questions to expect ? I would really appreciate it. I've been trying to get hired for about a year now, and I really need this job. I'm hardworking dependable and I have great cardio ( boxing ). Also can you have facial hair or neck length hair ? Thank you for your help!

Respectfully,
B.Kent

aspenleaf

Welcome to the Brown Cafe!

The first interview will show you the working area. You should go on tour of the area you will be working. Make sure you are on time for your "tour". The questions are not hard. They want to know that you can be on time and work each day of your shift. You should be able to lift/move boxes that weigh up to 70 lbs on your own (you can ask for help for anything over 70 lbs).

The job is demanding and the rewards are hard to find at times (some people really expect a lot from a job so it depends on what motivates you). If you are a hard worker and can do as you are told you will be fine.

As for the hair: you should be fine as a pre/unloader.

Good luck!

TungFang

Awesome Thank you for the info. I went on the tour about 11 months ago, I did the phone interview, and now I meet with the supervisor tomorrow at 5 a.m.

UPS Lifer

Now I feel bad... I am very familiar with the 3 districts in the south (WLA, SEC and SoCal) but not very familiar with NorthCal as well as Sacramento.
You should do fine. The unload position is easier than preload unless they have PAS in place. If they do, ask your potential supervisor about it.
Good Luck - The most important thing is attitude - Everything else will come.

old levi's

blank space
Awesome Thank you for the info. I went on the tour about 11 months ago, I did the phone interview, and now I meet with the supervisor tomorrow at 5 a.m.

In the real world 0500 would be a strange time for an interview, but not for ups. They are testing you to see if you will wake up and be there. Like Aspen said " Be there on time". Good luck and let us hear how things are going.

brady

Hey tung! I had an interview two weeks ago as a preloader, they ask you basic questions. Why do you want to work for UPS? Can you make it on time, everytime? Can you lift 70 lbs? Then they go over your application and do a background check. I'm sure every supervisor will ask you different questions. I'm still waiting on them to call me back, but I'm told it could take a long time. Anyways, goodluck.