Interviewer not treating you right.

Arch

When I got hired I was already a FedEx package handler. They told me that I can't work for UPS until I quit FedEx just because they don't want me working for a competitor. To this day I still wonder if he was BSing me or telling me the truth.

Holydriver

Hello all and thank you in advance for replying!
I was a seasonal package handler this last peak and honestly loved the job. But once peak was over I moved on and went back to my full time job. Well I've been checking ups job posting for three months waiting for a package handler spot to open back up again. A couple days ago I saw they posted a package handler job again so I applied and went in for a tour and interview. We took the tour, their was about 6 of us. Then she pulled us aside one by one for the interview. I wasn't the second person in and while she was interviewing the first person we all could hear her. Well she was all chatty and out going with this person and asked a whole lot of questions and she immediately told him he has the job. I go in and do everything I'm supposed to, while she's just behind her computer just typing away not even paying attention to me. Only asked me a few questions none of the same ones she asked the other man. And then tells me I'll call you if I have a job for you. Honestly I felt like she was playing favoritism, not treating each interviewee the same and asking the same questions and all. What do you think? Should I wait for her to call or should I call the union or managers at ups and tell them my concern?
That damned white privilege strikes again!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
She would have pulled up your record and looked at your attendance, whether you were marked as rehireable, any notes about you etc. It likely wasn't anything you did at the interview unless you're not giving us the full picture.