Is a job at UPS right for me?

vvv

Hi
I'm 19, i live near Seattle and i'm 6' 3" and 300 lb.

Iv'e heard from friends that a job as a UPS driver was one of the best paying jobs available that doesn't require a college education. I was having a lot of problems at school so i dropped out in 12th grade and i'm currently working on getting my GED. I only know a few things about working at UPS and i'm not sure if it's right for me. I found this forum recently and i thought maybe you guys could tell me if it's right for me.

My ultimate goal for a job is to be a comedian/entertainer. Iv'e been starting to make Youtube videos and when i turn 21 i plan on going to a bunch of open mics to do stand up. If i was a UPS driver could my job get in the way of doing that stuff on the side? Iv'e read that a driver could work up to 8-12 hours per day, so what time do you guys usually get off? Even if i could get off right before an open mic would i be too exhausted to even want to go? Also if this creative stuff didn't go anywhere would this be a good job to fall back on if those things failed?

The next thing is that i'm fat and out of shape. But iv'e recently have found a diet that's been working for me and i feel like i could get pretty healthy if i keep at it but i don't have everything figured out yet. I have read that being a driver can be a physically demanding job and that you would have to move around packages that are around 150 lbs. My dad has a physically demanding job and he's overweight too (not as much as me of course) and hes able to keep up. If i wanted this job how could i train myself to be strong enough to lift heavy packages all day?

Those are the two main things that worry me about this type of job.
Also in general just tell me about the pros and cons about being a driver/loader.
How do you work your way up to become one? Is it worth it? ect. ect.
If you have any questions about me don't be afraid to ask. Thanks in advance.

My friend ......don't worry about what time you are gonna "get off". At 300 spins you won't find any chicks looking to help you achieve that. Your only chance is hitting the old MEAT PUPPET around yourself some.....but you've probably scared your own hand away by now as well. ;)

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
6'5
My friend ......don't worry about what time you are gonna "get off". At 300 spins you won't find any chicks looking to help you achieve that. Your only chance is hitting the old MEAT PUPPET around yourself some.....but you've probably scared your own hand away by now as well. ;)
6'5 285 and I've probably railed your mother and sister...big guys need lovin too Craig

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm with @dookie stain . I'm 6'2" and 250lbs. Getting my chubby tugged has never been a problem. But being a dick to big guys ain't going to get you anywhere either.
I'm the nicest guy on the planet...takes a lot to piss me off...but it can get ugly if that's the path you choose with me...and the butt cheeks have come plenty in my 31 years on this planet

Returntosender

IMG_1732.JPG