Is bid sheets only for part timers?

Red Dawn

Ok I have a question about package car. We have drivers men & women that have gone from package to combo, and back to package 2yrs ago when our combo jobs were taken away. Now the company says they are still 22.3 and will not receive any center seniority. Because if ups brings them back the jobs (that are still there, that's another thread) they would have to go back. I got that. But If they are doing the job for 2 years then shouldn't ups have to post the jobs so they can bid into that center so they can be apart of the march bids? A couple of guys have been with the company for over 25 yrs and only had gone to combo for about 2 yrs.

Now ups has put up 2 new bid sheets last month. One was bid pool; which is for part timers that want to go full time must sign this sheet first. And we had another that said part time to full time. No details on if was for package or combo. mind you we still have over 80 "laid off" combos. come to find out this was for package car. Lady from HR came asking me if i wanted the job. Although i am combo she thought i was part time because i put my name on sheet. She had a couple of part timers standing with me when she came up.

She could not answer any questions i had. Couldn't tell me if their was 2jobs or 10 jobs. She just wanted a answer right then. I asked if they are going to classify the combos in package as package. She said she didn't know what i was talking about. she just kept say do you want it or not. Told her i need to know, i have a family and not going to tell my wife to quit her job and stay home with the kids when she couldn't answer any of my question.

What it looks like is they are going to take part timers out of hub and make them package over the combos that will still remain "22.3".. this would put the new driver over senior drives. Plus most TCD's didn't put their names on bid because it didn't say package. I went home and called my 22.3 and tcd friends to let them know what was going on.

can anyone make sense of this? They replaced our combos jobs with part timer 2yrs ago, could the company be trying to slide younger, faster, cheaper, workers into package car?