Is BrownCafe slow?

over9five

Staff member
Is it just me?

This website is soooooo slow! Takes forever to change pages. I have cable, and other websites aren't a problem.

So, is it just me? (And if so, how can I speed it up?)

moreluck

golden ticket member
over9five....had that problem yesterday. Took forever to get to read 2 posts. I have cable too. Today it is fine and I did nothing. I figured it was a Cox Cable problem.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
It is slow, the database keeps crashing too. This site rents space from ipowerweb and their service lately has been awful... I requested tech support last week about several database crashes and they responded with a generic answer that didn't solve the problem. I contacted them twice yesterday asking if they were ever going to address the problems with their database and they still haven't gotten back to me. It seems like every time I contact them the server gets slower. :cursing:

It's probably time for me to move the site to a better space at a different company. I have accounts for other web sites at a couple of different hosts that I've never had any problems with. It looks like we need to pack up our site and move to one of their servers.

Please accept my apology, I'll get the site back up to speed ASAP. I'm going to go start backing things up for the move...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Okay, we've kicked our old host to the curb and moved to a bigger and better new server. Hopefully there won't be too many bugs.

Please let me know if anything acts weird.