Is DHL leaving the USA??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would certainly make sense to jettison the US operation, which continues to lose money at an alarming rate. The rumored FedEx buyout would probably not include domestic operstions, but we've heard nothing here for over a week. If I worked at DHL in the USA, I'd start polishing-up my resume.

montana

Rourmed tonight at DHL is that Fedex bought out DHL its a uproar there. Don't you think the upper management at DHL should open their mouths to these poeple so they can find shelter somewhere else. :sad-very::angry:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We still have heard nothing, which is typical. Do you think DHL management would sell it's people down the river? In a heartbeat, and they can forget about being Teamsters if they want to keep their jobs at FedEx. I wonder when an "official" announcement will be coming out either way?

moreluck

golden ticket member
DHL to cut about 600 jobs in U.S.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31pm EST

CHICAGO, Feb 12 (Reuters) - DHL, Deutsche Post's (DPWGn.DE: Quote, Profile, Research) express delivery unit, said on Tuesday it will cut around 600 jobs in the United States, citing the "current economic climate and market demands."
The job cuts will be "achieved through reductions, attrition and the suspension of some existing open positions," the company said in a statement.
DHL has struggled with plans to expand its package delivery presence in the U.S. market, which is dominated by United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and FedEx Corp (FDX.N: Quote, Profile, Research). (Reporting by Nick Carey, editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

starglacier

DHL to cut about 600 jobs in U.S.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31pm EST

CHICAGO, Feb 12 (Reuters) - DHL, Deutsche Post's (DPWGn.DE: Quote, Profile, Research) express delivery unit, said on Tuesday it will cut around 600 jobs in the United States, citing the "current economic climate and market demands."
The job cuts will be "achieved through reductions, attrition and the suspension of some existing open positions," the company said in a statement.
DHL has struggled with plans to expand its package delivery presence in the U.S. market, which is dominated by United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and FedEx Corp (FDX.N: Quote, Profile, Research). (Reporting by Nick Carey, editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
DhL need to go Fedex University in Memphis. You don't cut 600 office jobs. You cut back on the Couriers who work like mules for the company
and the reason they give you " its more drivers in the company than salary workers."

A

Anonymous 7

I used to drive for a contractor for Airborne Express and DHL; so I have some insights that I'll post later when I have time...

hdkappler

:smart:i think ups should of bought dhl in us.then a few years down the road buy the rest of company.:happy-very:(course ups closes the door after the hourses get out of barn.n):funny:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anonymous7.......geez, just like the nightly news tease..............

"What food common to everyone's dinner plate can actually poison you? News at 11."

:dissapointed:

DHLMAN

Well sorry to update the news on this post, but it looks like DHL are making plans to contract with UPS. So that Fedex rumor can get kicked out the door!

A

Anonymous7

I went to Forbes.com and checked-out the news about this. Sounds like layoffs. Let's face it! DHL has no guts to compete here in the U.S. because it refuses to relinquish the contractor system that insulates them from superficial problems. Customers will NOT EVER flock to DHL as long as the drivers continue to show up hung-over (often times with another customer's package) and have no grasp of the English language. This is ALL DHL'S fault. They use the elitest trickle-down business approach, which means the contractors (who employ around 20 drivers for 20 routes) are paid per driver, per stop and per package. The numbers are preset to the extent that the drivers can only make a lower-than-market wage, yet the upper-echelon expects miracles at minimum wage! Who are they kidding?!