Is Hoax Getting Evicted?

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
If so, I have a futon in the basement you can use, until you get on your feet again. :happy-very::happy-very:

From UPSers.com

Innoplex Closing in Atlanta

building.jpg

The decision aligns with shared services initiatives and efforts to improve efficiencies and reduce cost.

As part of the ongoing effort to find efficiencies and cost savings across the enterprise, UPS is closing the Innoplex, one of our corporate facilities in Atlanta, in 2009. UPS people currently working at the Innoplex will move to other UPS locations in the Atlanta area – including Glenlake 35, Glenlake 55, and Morris Road.
Closing the Innoplex supports shared services initiatives by combining the locations of similar functions, allows us to better utilize the remaining Corporate Campus facilities, and reduces general operating, depreciation, and occupancy expenses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If so, I have a futon in the basement you can use, until you get on your feet again. :happy-very::happy-very:

From UPSers.com

Innoplex Closing in Atlanta

building.jpg

The decision aligns with shared services initiatives and efforts to improve efficiencies and reduce cost.

As part of the ongoing effort to find efficiencies and cost savings across the enterprise, UPS is closing the Innoplex, one of our corporate facilities in Atlanta, in 2009. UPS people currently working at the Innoplex will move to other UPS locations in the Atlanta area – including Glenlake 35, Glenlake 55, and Morris Road.
Closing the Innoplex supports shared services initiatives by combining the locations of similar functions, allows us to better utilize the remaining Corporate Campus facilities, and reduces general operating, depreciation, and occupancy expenses.

Yep...out on my keester

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, two years later, the Innoplex is closing operations. My department is the last group leaving on July 22nd.
I will be moving to the WorldWide SCS headquarters on Morris Rd in Alpharetta which is 5 miles further one way ... a 10% increase in miles.
I visited the building last week and it is a nice facility but it is definitely a Corporate Cube City atmosphere after working at the Innoplex for 10 years.

Innoplex Bar - Hoke Smith_72dpi.jpg
Innoplex Bar - Hoke Smith_72dpi.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well, two years later, the Innoplex is closing operations. My department is the last group leaving on July 22nd.
I will be moving to the WorldWide SCS headquarters on Morris Rd in Alpharetta which is 5 miles further one way ... a 10% increase in miles.
I visited the building last week and it is a nice facility but it is definitely a Corporate Cube City atmosphere after working at the Innoplex for 10 years.

View attachment 5427

hoax, for us that didnt know what exactly was the innoplex?

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 5427

You will be expected to maintain the same time standards for traveling twice the miles. NO EXCUSES!!!! P.S. Is that actually a picture of a "work" (and I use that term loosely) environment or is that Donald Trumps digs? If the break room is that plush what the hell do the cubicles look like?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You will be expected to maintain the same time standards for traveling twice the miles. NO EXCUSES!!!! P.S. Is that actually a picture of a "work" (and I use that term loosely) environment or is that Donald Trumps digs?

That is a picture I took for a United Way project just after sunset to get the ambiance. It is a lunch/break area and looks better here than in real life. It is a pretty neat looking building.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hoax, for us that didnt know what exactly was the innoplex?
Short for Innovations Complex.
The Innoplex was an investment in a refurbished building that was established to attract creative programmers and illustrator-types during the height of the Internet boom. Much of the creative work done on ups.com was done in this building over the past 10 years. This is the most interesting looking building at UPS but in the end, it is just a place to work.

rod

Retired 22 years
That is a picture I took for a United Way project just after sunset to get the ambiance. It is a lunch/break area and looks better here than in real life. It is a pretty neat looking building.

so those really aren't solid gold bar stools?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I gotta tell ya Hoax, I am a little perturbed looking at that. We had a room in our building that was used for a break room, nothing special, standard industrial tile floor with a couple picnic tables and a microwave and vending machines. Management decided it would make a nice conference room so they remodeled it, took out all the vending machines and microwave and locked the doors. No one is allowed in. They moved the tables down to the floor next to the package cars and the haz-mat storage area. All the inside employees now get to eat lunch and take break with the pigeon droppings and the storage drums!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I gotta tell ya Hoax, I am a little perturbed looking at that. We had a room in our building that was used for a break room, nothing special, standard industrial tile floor with a couple picnic tables and a microwave and vending machines. Management decided it would make a nice conference room so they remodeled it, took out all the vending machines and microwave and locked the doors. No one is allowed in. They moved the tables down to the floor next to the package cars and the haz-mat storage area. All the inside employees now get to eat lunch and take break with the pigeon droppings and the storage drums!!

I think that is part of the reason that we are closing this building ... it rubbed many people the wrong way. I came up working in cinder block buildings with conveyor belts running in the background so I know where you are coming from. Like I said several times ... its just a place to work to me.

Like I said earlier, it was established to attract creative types and programmers during a time period when we were having problems hiring people. Still a problem even in the current job market. UPS can hire a hundred drivers easier than one programmer in the Atlanta area.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hwy Hoax, if you get evicted, again, you are welcome up here on the Lake. Good fishing, nice beaches, close to Syracuse University for the Orange games. Pulaski is the world center for Salmon fishing. Very peaceful up here, when I am not whining about something!!! LOL!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hwy Hoax, if you get evicted, again, you are welcome up here on the Lake. Good fishing, nice beaches, close to Syracuse University for the Orange games. Pulaski is the world center for Salmon fishing. Very peaceful up here, when I am not whining about something!!! LOL!!!

Are you sure 80" in three days of LES hill country upslope thundersnow is what Hoax was looking for. ;) Last time it really snowed down there was '93

menotyou

bella amicizia
We are the SNOW BELT!! Screw Buffalo. We get WAY more snow. You gotta love LAKE-EFFECT!!!

Thundersnow is amazingly weird. It is very eerie, at times. But, the summers here make up for it!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Come on out to Oregon if you want to catch real salmon. Coho or Chinook, take your pick. You can drop some pots and limit out on Dungeness crabs at the same time, or go a few miles further out in the ocean and catch halibut or tuna. In the fall when the ocean is too rough you can catch salmon in the rivers. And the snow here usually stays up in the mountains where it belongs!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think it's really weird that these people from all over the world come to this rinky-dink little town for a fish that is going to it's final resting place. We have coho, chinook, steelhead and probably some others. Brown trout.

It's the only place that I know of in the U.S. where someone owns the river bottom. Yes, and the water going through, apparently. http://www.douglastonsalmonrun.com/ This is the ex-senator who managed it.

I would love to visit Oregon. Just not for the salmon. I have spent years watching people drag those fish all over the roads to home. Why? Where I live in Ellisburg, they swoop in like locusts at that time of year. Quite funny.

That damn snow! It doesn't know its place is in the mountains and near the lake. :happy-very: