Is it over?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I know nothing about the stock market. But I threw money on Halliburton.
View attachment 285903
this just doesn’t seem right to me.
There's talk of $26 barrel oil along with bankruptcies necessitating court ordered acquisitions and mergers. Pipeline operators like ET and PAA aren't faring much better.
They are also a WAR business ... as Trump pulls US troops back home, their business goes down.

bacha29

i remember when i followed him and he kept telling us to buy as the market crashed in 2009
The market crashed two years earlier. I had XM in my route van and I heard him say live to get out of the market ahead of the crash.

Furthermore, at the beginning of his broadcasts there is a disclaimer telling the viewer to do their own research and to contact their own financial adviser .

But, yesterday morning he clearly advised people never to buy on an up open because a day's most volatile trading often comes in the last hour.

And judging by today's action it would appear that at least this one time he got it right.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There's talk of $26 barrel oil along with bankruptcies necessitating court ordered acquisitions and mergers. Pipeline operators like ET and PAA aren't faring much better.
The market crashed two years earlier. I had XM in my route van and I heard him say live to get out of the market ahead of the crash.

Furthermore, at the beginning of his broadcasts there is a disclaimer telling the viewer to do their own research and to contact their own financial adviser .

But, yesterday morning he clearly advised people never to buy on an up open because a day's most volatile trading often comes in the last hour.

And judging by today's action it would appear that at least this one time he got it right.
Or sell on a down opening as yesterday's upward surge occurred in the afternoon.
Personally, I do neither ... I am a long-term investor.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

google "should you try to time the market?"