Is it too much to ask?

ibleedbrown

They put an air conditioned trailer on the primary for us to chill at break or to go in if we feel we are overheating. Plus they were handing out ice cold bottled water. This started yesterday and will remain til end of the week because of temps around the 100 mark.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Expect nothing but a paycheck from UPS !!! Anything above and beyond that should be appreciated !!!These generation Xer's want everything handed to them!! I bet only 50 % would even give a Tjhank You !!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had tons of water, but some lazy sup couldnt get ice. What a joke. And thank you for the splits and a half I had today. Its refreshing just to work for a company that cares about safety. I dont need no darn Ice.

Packmule

Don't know if Gatorade is different than water bottles, but freezing them releases the same carcinogins(sp) as burning a steak does. Cancer problem here. I'd check into that if I was you.

tourists24

Never rely on others to take care of your own simple needs.
Water costs about a penny a gallon out of the tap-(I am guessing, because I have my own well)-.
You have a freezer in your fridge, make ice every night.
After 25 yrs, I am on my third 3 gallon water cooler.
In this heat, it would be like driving your car on bald tires, without a spare tire in the trunk.
Manage yourself first, and, let UPS management mismanage the rest.

hey Sat, I see you guys are in drought conditions right now... how's the well holding up?

satellitedriver

hey Sat, I see you guys are in drought conditions right now... how's the well holding up?
Drought big time.
All the ponds and lakes are dying up. Spring feed ponds, that have never gone dry, are now dry.

My well is 300ft deep and shows no signs of depletion.
Even the shallow 150ft wells seem to be holding up, for now.
My hay field only produced 1 roll per acre this last cutting. In a "normal" year, it would produce 3 to 4 rolls per acre.
The cattle men are selling off their herds and only keeping the prime breeding stock in hope of staying in business.
On the bright side, I made overtime again today.
:whiteflag:
10 and 1/2 hrs today, with the add/cuts, in 100+ heat.
-( it has been 100+, for 2 months)-
The driver that drove my route while I was on vacation in June just received a $900 check for filing a 9.5 grievance on the loads he had to run on my route.
Got to love the logistics.

BrownArmy

Don't know if Gatorade is different than water bottles, but freezing them releases the same carcinogins(sp) as burning a steak does. Cancer problem here. I'd check into that if I was you.

Whatever cancer problems may have occurred have long since ceased...I've had the same six gatorade bottles in rotation for three years now. I'm positive that they have reached stasis.

I figure the initial short-term problems with these plastic bottles will, over time, be ameliorated by the fact that I'm not purchasing any new plastic bottles, and thus, will be doing myself and the planet a favor by not getting into the plastic bottle game.

No ice water at my center, but i did recieve a plastic cup with the UPS logo on it... yesssss! they do care.

I answered a random question correctly at a recent PCM and was rewarded with the same plastic cup with the UPS logo...I noticed on the bottom that the bottle was BPA free and made in the USA!

Thanks UPS.

We have had so many ambulances coming on property you`d think they were a subsidiary of Dominos Pizza. 30 minutes or your heat stroke is free.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We have at least three reefer trailers on property full of water that`s distributed during the day.

They put an air conditioned trailer on the primary for us to chill at break or to go in if we feel we are overheating. Plus they were handing out ice cold bottled water. This started yesterday and will remain til end of the week because of temps around the 100 mark.

cachsux, ibleedbrown,

The management employees who are responsible for these decisions should be commended for these decisions.

Other management people can learn from these proper decisions.

Sincerely,
I

The management employees who are responsible for these decisions should be commended for these decisions.

I agree. Unfortunately they work at OSHA and they have put the fear of God into UPS management for past infractions which is why they have three reefer trailers on property full of water that`s distributed during the day.

upsman68

My customers give me ice, water and snacks. I don't need UPS mgmt to supply these things. It would be nice but I don't expect anything from them except a paycheck

brownedout

Late answer at this point, but I have to acknowledge the good/right/decent thing to do. Our center mgt. team had water for us from last Tues. and through the rest of the week. Waiting for us drivers upon return to bldg. and for local sort as needed, and break(s).

kingOFchester

UPS can Keep the water, try cutting a few less trips when it is over 100.

UPS can Keep the ice and instead get rid of the old "iron maiden" 800's.

Don't need management driving around passing out water, how about they stay in the office and actually look at the dispatches and fix them. Driver A goes to the other side of Drivers B's area to deliver some stops. While Driver B goes to the other side of drivers A's area to deliver stops. This is not unusual, happens day after day.

Are these 3 things to much to ask??

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
false,, do some research,, take that integrity person with you Rolf Halden of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has expertly debunked the rumour linking plastic bottles to cancer. According to Halden the claim is an urban legend. He explains that:
Freezing actually works against the release of chemicals. Chemicals do not diffuse as readily in cold temperatures, which would limit chemical release if there were dioxins in plastic, and we don't think there are.