Is it worth becoming FT combination driver ?

Polak500

Hello everyone

I filled out application for FT combination driver. My interview it’s in 3 days (phone interview)

Work from Tuesday-Sunday

Is the job worth it ?
Is there a consistent start time ? I love AM start time.
Is the job protected by the union?
Is there a job secuirty ?

Is there anyone that’s currently working that position that can tell me how they like it ?

I’m looking that TOP pay is currently at 30$ n hour and by 2022 will be 34$

if there will be 60-80 over time that looks like good money to me but I need to know if it’s worth it first because I’m not scared of work!!!

how long it takes on average to transfer from 22.4 to RPCD ?
10 , 20years ? I’m in my mid 20s and I got plenty time ahead of me!!!

let me know all,

thanks for your time

Nah
Is the job worth it ?

Opinions vary, but I think so. For a full-time job that only requires a high school diploma... And with these strange times we're living in, any job you can get is a good job.

Not sure about this one, since my center doesn't have combo drivers. I would imagine there will be days where you're asked to work preload, then drive, or drive then local sort.

Yes, after your probation period.

Yes. But cover your own behind as well. Follow the methods and maintain respect and integrity at all times.

That's going to vary from building to building.

I’m in my mid 20s and I got plenty time ahead of me!!!

Take care of your body now while you still have the chance.

21Savage

It's just a bs job title they created to hire more ft drivers for cheap. You do the same exact work as rpcd but on a much lesser pay scale. They haven't asked me or any 22.4's in my center to work inside once and probably never will. When there isn't enough work they normally have me run irregs left on the slide and then go help someone else. Or they'll send me to another center, or worse, another building.

Take the job and just keep checking that bid list every week until something opens up.

Last edited:

Polak500

Yea this is messed up that they made 22.4 with lower wages... but what we can do, we are little ants....

do you guys know if those combo drivers get the same benefits like vacations and health packages as the RPCD ?
Do they get overtime pay after 8 hours in a day or after over 40hrs in a week?

from what I understand main difference is

Lower pay
Excessive overtime
Tuesday - Saturday schedule and maybe Sundays

thanks again for everyones time !

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
from what I understand main difference is

Lower pay
Excessive overtime
Tuesday - Saturday schedule and maybe Sundays

Sounds like you’ve got the gist of it.

As for whether the job is worth it or not, before you accept the position I think it’s important for you to know... somebody left a bag of dog crap in my letterbox yesterday.

Polak500

its not as bad as people say but not as great as regular drivers.....
it looks like if u willing to work long hours u make $$$
nobody stars from top....

542thruNthru

Hello everyone

I filled out application for FT combination driver. My interview it’s in 3 days (phone interview)

Work from Tuesday-Sunday

Is the job worth it ?

Is there anyone that’s currently working that position that can tell me how they like it ?

I’m looking that TOP pay is currently at 30$ n hour and by 2022 will be 34$

if there will be 60-80 over time that looks like good money to me but I need to know if it’s worth it first because I’m not scared of work!!!

10 , 20years ? I’m in my mid 20s and I got plenty time ahead of me!!!

let me know all,

thanks for your time

You won't get a accurate answer. It's different in a lot of areas how 22.4s/combo drivers are used.

One thing I can tell you for sure is, you will not start at $30. You'll start at $20 and in 4 years you'll hit top rate for that position.
Screenshot_20200404-102327_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

What state do you live in?

Zowert

Sounds like you’ve got the gist of it.

As for whether the job is worth it or not, before you accept the position I think it’s important for you to know... somebody left a bag of dog crap in my letterbox yesterday.

MotherF’ers. I had a dirty diaper dropped in mine a while back. What kind of person does that? I’ll tell you, the jealous type. Mad because we make more money and have better benefits than what their four year degree got them.

Polak500

Haha you guys are all funny !!!

I live in Minnesota... yea I know the starting is at 20.50$ but most people stick with that job forever and four years later I will be just fine with some overtime 30/hr times 1.5x...

It will be enough for cheap vodka and condoms...