Is it worth it though?

ITwannabe

umm I never bashed your wife genius. Please show me where I said this??

Do you know how to read a forum on the Internet?? I'm confused. You have a degree in software development and you can't read or comprehend what's written?

Man you really are stupid.
Well it was great talking to you. I'm gonna go be productive maybe spend some time with my wife. Keep doing what your doing.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I'm working on my masters in software dev right now got my bachelor's a year ago. My wife has a good job in the area and we decided to wait and move until I finished my masters. I do some consulting for independent GIS software companies remotely and with some people I know from college. I worked seasonal at UPS one year and the asked me if I wanted hired off the street I said yes because there aren't any firms I'm interested in working for near me so I figured finish my masters and then move. I plan to be out of UPS in a year or two..But I could also stay with UPS and work in their software department .Also I meant GPS that shows the driver where u are going...
College is not what it used to be

Re-Raise

First you bash me by saying I'm uneducated...now you bash me for being educated? I didn't say I was better than u. In fact I didn't mention it on purpose because I didn't want to come across that way. But you can't have a normal conversation without calling me an idiot, insulting my wife, or bashing my life history? Your a real stand-up guy
He didn't have to tell us you were an idiot

Dr.Brownz

Computer systems and electric cars are two completely different issues when it comes to feasibility.....electric cars are limited by the laws of physics....driverless cars and drones are limited by the imagination and ingenuity of engineers...in other words....if you throw lots of money at drones and driverless cars it will become a reality....we've only had computers for roughly 25-30 years....everything we have today people 30 years ago thought was impossible.

Computers have been around for 70 years. You have an idealized version of the future. There are too many variables to make a purely driver less car a viable and safe option. A small glitch in technology will cause mass chaos, resulting in possible injury or death, that is not something UPS wants to deal with. UPS is a slow to invest company. It will take at least another 50 years before driverless deliveries happen, ATLEAST. Again too many variables.

BUCN85

In my opinion UPS is no longer a viable career for 20+ years. This company cares about making money. In the next few years there will be an introduction of GPS in the trucks. This will reclassify the driver job as unskilled

Wouldn't this be considered an in can distraction and a huge liability?