Is management allowed to videotape workers?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Its not a union thing, its a UPS policy which makes it a gray area. Cases however have been won with videoing of safety violations but only safety violations. So using a video to show a sup working or something like that can be held against you by UPS policy.
That's simply not true.
The only thing that is protected for the Company are things that can be considered "proprietary".

.....and while I believe having part time supervisors doing bargaining unit work is part of UPS's business model, it hardly qualifies as "proprietary".

You want to get a supervisor to stop working, start recording a video of them.
I do it all of the time.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's simply not true.
The only thing that is protected for the Company are things that can be considered "proprietary".

.....and while I believe having part time supervisors doing bargaining unit work is part of UPS's business model, it hardly qualifies as "proprietary".

I do it all of the time.

How do you stop them from coming back at you saying you are stealing time by videoing and not working or are you doing this off the clock?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How do you stop them from coming back at you saying you are stealing time by videoing and not working or are you doing this off the clock?
I do it anytime, and would a relish the opportunity to debate whether I'm "stealing time" from the Company, while recording them "stealing time" from the bargaining unit.

iowa boy

boring footage for sure. Hate to meet the poor shlep that has to watch that.

UPS actually pays someone to look at the telematics data to make sure that we do a complete stop and not a rolling stop at stop signs. I can say with 99% certainty that its not someone at the local level that does this unless they are notified to start watching certain drivers

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I do it all of the time.
lol heck 15-20 years ago we would pull our phones out on the preload and just point it at the sups working and they'd stop. most of us didn't even have cameras on our phones! its about that time when they tried to ban beepers and phones and started the hologram sticker phase