Is management allowed to videotape workers?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Jasoonis, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Jasoonis

Jasoonis Member

Was just curious about if management was "allowed" to videotape drivers and eventually use it for progressive discipline. I was always told that "Two members of management must see the infraction" because if that were not the case it would just be a "he said she said".

2. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

They observe and use telematics

3. Frankie's Friend

Frankie's Friend Well known member

Did this happen recently?

4. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

They still use videotape?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

They can. They use their cellphone to record drivers now. Now technically that's using technology to discipline so I am not sure if that could be used as a "witness".

I hate the fact that they can do that but we can't.

6. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

If we could... That would be great.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

we can in most cases...if it's a concerted activity protecting state or federal rights under EEOC, OSHA, etc. Not a slam-dunk but corporate bullies would never want that information out there.

Same goes for wearing hearing protection; UPS cannot "force" anyone to take out two ear buds, for example, though they will push for whatever they feel like.

8. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

It’s been used in cases of theft and that includes stealing time. Had surveillance video and a supervisor hiding and taping from an airport where air shuttle driver was going too.

9. Daf

Daf Active Member

7BCEF3EC-EC5E-423A-BD65-2DBB18D48748.pngaccording to this it looks like we can.

10. Mooseknuckle

Where on their website can I find a better cleaner copy of this?

11. Mooseknuckle

And Is this just for a specific area? It sounds like it's not.

12. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Betamax....

13. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

How about those videos you took in the men's dressing room?

14. Daf

Daf Active Member

Not sure. I found it in a different forum a few years back.

15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Its not a union thing, its a UPS policy which makes it a gray area. Cases however have been won with videoing of safety violations but only safety violations. So using a video to show a sup working or something like that can be held against you by UPS policy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

That is how they catch people stealing. Last one I was involved in with a guy who lost his job stealing to support his habit. They taped him numerous times stealing. A few weeks after he died of an overdose. Very sad. I knew him and represented him a few times for various infractions even tried to get him help. So very sad.

17. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Yes go ahead, lets get rid of the bad seeds. They also can watch the driver by satellite

18. Dulce Bombón

Dulce Bombón I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Employees forgot to read the last disclosure:

WE WILL NOT give a damn for the All the Statements Above.

19. Can I video record a driver release on my phone to show that I made the delivery to the correct location? This way i have proof that I delivered to the customers requested location in addition to gps?

20. rod

rod retired and happy

They have been video taping you for years with the camera hidden in you DIAD